House & Home Baby shopping

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by hash_investor, 26th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

+1

If you can use as many hand me downs as you can than you're winning. Unfortunately my better half insists on buying everything new.. I cry a little inside when I see all the baby clothes getting outgrown. Some items get worn once or twice, some none at all because Bub grows so quick.

The biggest ripoff has been the bugaboo. At about $1500 brand new ($1490 second hand on gumtree), it's been a very disappointing.. And you need every bit of a 4wd boot to fit it in.

Congratulations :)

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

A colleague just had a baby and they went out and bought what seemed to me the most expensive of everything for the baby. These are the same people who are buying a home out in Jordan Springs for about 800k and that's on ~350 sqm of land and doesn't include landscaping!

I think the husband simply says yes to everything his wife says and I think he really doesn't think about it.

3. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

Congrats!

We went the thule chariot cx, loved it so much when number 2 came along we bought a double. Pram, jogger, bike trailer all in one - rolling playpen as the entire thing is flyscreened so kids can't throw toys etc out. Several friends have bought them after seeing ours. Go 2nd hand if you can, only thing I'd buy new again would be ergo carrier - ours gets used multiple times a day (at home, shopping, travel, etc) even with the 19kg 3 year old on occasion so it's almost worn out.

4. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Happy wife, happy life! :D

Gockie likes this.
  5. Miss_D

Miss_D Well-Known Member

Best and less is another place u can find kids clothes at good prices. Go shopping for summer stuff in winter and winter in summer. I will buy between 1-4 sizes up. My boy went from 4x0 born to size 1 at 3 months... Formula packs it on, then size 2 for 18 months. He is 3.5 and in 3s now but buying shirts for $3 or less, jumpers and trackies for less then $8 is a massive saving.. So what if its last years design. Kids dont care, and day care they will come home covered in paint.

Secondhand facebook sites are also a good place to get bargains in your local area.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.