BA in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Soby, 1st Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Soby

Soby Member

Looking for my first IP In Brisbane.From Sydney.Budget around 500 k,looking to buy as close to Brisbane CBD in North or South.Can I have suggestions for a good buyers agent located in Brisbane who can guide in the process with reasonable rates.TIA

2. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

You won't be able to buy a house with that $500k budget within the Brisbane LGA.
    You have to look outside of the Brisbane LGA.

Print a map out with 1km circle circumference...

3. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Sackie and Soby like this.
  4. Soby

Soby Member

I am not looking at 1 km radius.Mine is around 20-25 km radius from CBD

craigc likes this.
  5. Soby

Soby Member

Any suggestions for a BA who knows the area.

6. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

7. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

Also there are lots of discussions about Brisbane based BAs on various threads here - some are very recent. Searching the threads will give you helpful info.
    Good luck with your search.

8. w00dy81

w00dy81 Well-Known Member

9. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Hi Soby,

I have just used monopoly Wealth. Bought a property in Brisbane for me. Would highly recommend and use them again for our next one.

All the best with it

10. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi,

With a $500k budget it will be very tricky, we managed to pick up a 4 bed 1 bath in Boronia Heights just before xmas off market for $490k and it will rent for $450 per week.
    I would suggest looking around this suburb and Marsden, Crestmead Browns Plains ect. You really to be quick in this market, just make the effort and build some good Real Estate Agent relationships. that will help when it comes to negotiating and finding off market deals.

Dave Radelaide likes this.
  11. w00dy81

I just checked their website and saw they offer a property portfolio plan thta sounds very similar to Empower Wealth’s plan

Did you use this service as well and/or do you know how it differs from Empower?

12. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

I did have a phone meeting with Empower wealth but I found Monopoly Wealth were more personal.

I also did the plan as well as a full BA service with Monopoly Wealth but I’m not sure the difference between the two.

I hope this helps!

13. w00dy81

What did you find more personal from them?

what was the cost of their portfolio plan?

What does their plan and planning process take into consideration end $ goal, life expenses along the way, purchase timeline?

empower wealths plan is $4950 how does the monopoly fee compare?

their BA fee is $15950 but if coupled with a portfolio plan they shave of 1k to $14950 for the BA fee

14. w00dy81

My wife and I have just had our first of many meetings on Tuesday following the free initial consultation with our property investment advisor Joel

we found him very easy to talk with and it was like taking to a mate

he confirmed our current financial situation and future plans

we have our next meeting on this Tuesday coming to run through the portfolio plan modelling based on our particular scenario needs, wants and goals for the future we discussed previously

15. Mavio

Mavio Member

How did this turn out?

16. w00dy81

Positive. but negative for now

the reason being he showed us that based on our current surplus money it wouldn’t be long until we couldn’t service the debt

we were told to go and have a chat over the next few days and pull back on some discretionary spending as that would free up cash to have a better chance of putting to work and let them know when they could continue modelling

even though this was a slight kick in the guts and not what was expected it showed me that they aren’t there to just make a plan and tell us to buy x y and z properties and over time your done

no they showed us as our accountability partner that in order for them to recommend to us to implement a strategy we needed to reign it in

we managed to pick some areas and pulled back some discretionary spending and came up with a figure that was more than he suggested we target

so next meeting Tuesday week.

Fingers crossed for a more productive meeting given the updated figures

craigc likes this.
  17. G-money

G-money Member

I am assuming that this is no longer part of the free initial consultation and that you are now paying them for a property investment plan?

18. w00dy81

The first free consult was more of a “this is who we are and what we do and can do for you” type of meeting

that one I already knew most as I have been listening and reading up on their services going in

the meeting referred to was our first paid meeting after acceptance. That’s what gave me confidence that they are acting in the clients best interests to not just make a plan and say here you go

he actually said no you need to find a bit more money in your budget otherwise it WILL go sideways at this stage and points to a year and month in the cashflow simulator

craigc and G-money like this.
  19. Maychi

Maychi Member

Was this with EW or Monopoly?

20. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

I’m not the poster but @w00dy81 is referring to EW.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia