Average sales agent commission in Brisbane

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by melbourne171, 17th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Can I ask what the average sales agent commission rate for IP sales between $1m and $1.5m in Brisbane is?

Do you have any recommended agents around Chapel Hills and Kenmore?

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Traditionally it always was 2.5% + GST, but Place and other "elite" agencies seem to want 3% + GST.

A developer friend says he never pays over 2% (I think that was what he said), but the agents know there are multiples to be sold plus future business.

I've never negotiated to ask for a reduced sales commission because it just was not done when we last sold, but I would certainly consider it these days. You just don't know if you are going to slip to the bottom of their list of priorities and/or have them not try their hardest.

melbourne171 likes this.
  3. melbourne171

@wylie Thanks for your reply. My agent asked for 2.5% inc GST

4. Jim Barry

Jim Barry Member

Currently selling Northside in that price range and have had 2 agents advise 2.42% inc. GST.

Another was 3.7% inc. GST. :eek:

Some had a sliding scale depending on sale price.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've mostly paid 2.1% Inc gst but I give multiple properties to the agency at 1 time. Personally I wouldn't pay anyone more than 2.5% Inc gst.

6. melbourne171

why are Brisbane agent fees always more than those in Melbourne or Sydney. The property values and rent in Brisbane gone up. They should reduce the agent rates.

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I guess it is like property management in WA. It is considerably higher than other states.

I don't understand why someone doesn't open an agency in Perth and offer lower fees. I reckon they would be swamped with business.

MWI likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.