Australia's tallest tower. Trigaboff's plans for gold coast

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by big max, 22nd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Avoid meriton buildings!

3. big max

Why is that? The one they have in Broadbeach is awesome.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Google Meriton and check satisfaction of buyers. Like buying any unit which has 100's of other similar units in the complex, where is your product differentiation, what happens when 80 investors all settle within days?

It has been around for a long time so they can't be doing everything wrong .

5. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Google World tower and I've personally be on site when the apartments were being constructed in Zetland, big mainteance issues. Location is king and they choose some of the best location to construct but also at the same if you are the richest person in Australia, you can stay in court longer than anyone else and that includes the council as well.

6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

But if it works well for you and you performed your due diligence, go ahead.

7. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Before I found this site, I was looking to buy an apartment in BNE CBD.
    Everyone I spoke to told me to avoid Meriton at all costs. I googled reviews and they are terrible.
    There is one near me I went into, and OMG the finish quality is dismal. If people weren't living in it, I'd think it was incomplete.

8. big max

Why would you buy? I'm talking about renting. The Meriton model of build and rent works very well. And the Meriton building at Broadbeach Gold Coast is one of my fav places to stay.

9. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I like their properties to rent short stay too, recently stayed in Brisbane Herschel level 72 that had an amazing view... But 90 stories on the beach front at Surfers Paradise is really a terrible idea with the shadowing from mid afternoon.... These towers should be built back from the beach front.

10. big max

Personally im OK with some shadows on the beach. Many people especially those with kids and those concerned about too much sun exposure actually seek out the shaded parts. But for those who want sun they can easily move to a non-shaded part. And of course for many getting up early provides many hours of pure unshaded sun, leaving the afternoon for shopping, dining, gym etc.

But I do agree it would be good to see highrises further back and only small beach front but it's to late for that - not going to happen. At least not in Surfers or Mainbeach or Broadbeach - there's simply too much money and demand for absolute beachfront ocean views.

There is of course Mermaid beach for anyone who can afford it where limits are put on height (5 stories max and then only for larger combined blocks otherwise 3) and you pay massive premium for that privilege as there are really only 1000 or so total blocks of land beach side mermaid. Those blocks are all like pure gold in my opinion in that unlike highrise apartments or building back into the hinterland there simply cannot be any more supply produced- so as the Gold Coast grows in population and economic wealth there will be increased demand for an absolutely limited supply.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia