Australian police response times

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by aussieB, 6th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

If you think cops should be able to seek revenge then I suggest you get in your Tardis and head back to Brisbane in 1973. Set it for the Pinkenba you will see many a cop beating out there.

2. Foreshadow

Foreshadow Well-Known Member

I can probably summaries this post to "I've lived here for 18 years, and have no knowledge about the rest of the crap I'm about to post"

As a serving Cop, I find the above offensive. The examples you post up as proof of your opinion are highly flawed, leaving out vital information, with the sole aim of making Police look unprofessional.

Can you provide examples on this? Where is there a lack of experience or practices?

mikey7 and Bayview like this.
  3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

It is now 2017.

Here's a thought; if a person is out and about, minding their own business, abiding the law and doing nothing wrong; they might get whacked by Cops, completely unprovooked and out of the blue?

You have twisted the retaliation argument.

The way I read it; you are arguing that a perp can physically assault a Cop, but the Cop cannot retaliate because it would be deemed in your eyes as "revenge".

So; if a perp comes at the Cop with a broken bottle and swipes him/her across the arm and inflicts a 20 stitch cut; what should he/she then do after this?

Or; conversely; what should he/she do to the perp before the perp comes at the Cop - obviously intent of inflicting an injury - and has a chance to use the broken bottle?

Last edited: 5th Jul, 2017
  4. Bayview

Actually; they can take "a bit of verbal abuse"- they are trained in this area, and usually just ignore the childish rants...

But guess what? The end result of the experience with the Boys and Girls in Blue?..... is never better for the abusers, who then whine and moan that all Cops are pigs, *****, and bad, and they were treated unfairly.. ;) :p

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Jul, 2017
  5. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

I can't say if you are aiming that at me - regardless, what choice do these 'haters' have ?
    Its like if someone disses the banks when they raise their interest rates - you say lets see who these haters reach out to for a loan on their next IP purchase.

The real issue is with what the cops will do once they are reached out to. Are they trained enough ? If not have they proposed alternates in place ? If you haven't grasped this point so far, I don't know how I can convey this other wise. If one had the privilege of carrying guns, the work load of cops would really go down.

6. Bayview

most Cops are professional enough that they will do their job to the best of their ability no matted who reaches out to them.

But yeah; the haters have no choice...I just like to call out their ridiculous hypocrisy.

7. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

This comment makes me think that you're the average 'good' citizen with a lead foot..

It's examples like this that show the need for education. The US allows 'ride alongs'.. It's a shame AU doesn't, or you'd see that ticket giving is a very very very small part of what they do. You just don't see it.. until you need them..

Bayview likes this.
  8. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Its a bit like chasing my own tail. But am glad you got the point the original post was trying to raise.

9. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Don't think I have mentioned this yet, but i was sitting in Delafrance on George st a while back and a woman was punched in the face by another woman. So I called the cops and they were over within 5min. Another car was sent to grab the offender based on the description given over the phone.

Pretty impressive response time.

Bayview likes this.
  10. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

11. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Lol they do all of that !

12. Bayview

do all of what?

13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

@Terry_w , was this related to the punchee buying the last stocks of the ham and cheese croissants, leaving nothing for the puncher?

Or did somebody push in, and someone else didn't like it?

14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

It was just out of the blue. One woman walked across the street and punched another in the face, randomly. Looked like drug affected

15. Ted Varrick

Can't say that that's ideal.

Hopefully the woman who got punched is OK, as it could have been a lot worse if she hit her head on the concrete, like Thomas Kelly and Daniel Christie...

And hopefully the puncher decides to death threat the prosecutor, so she gets thrown in jail for an extra year.

16. Bayview

Saw that happen recently on a you-tube clip;

Attitudinal you 20-something girl, texting on her phone while the Judge was talking to her, smirking and snickering...total disrespect for the bloke; then made a comment as she was walking away after receiving her sentence - a fine.

He called her back (her heard what she said) and gave her an ear-full, then upped her fine a bit more...still thinks it's all too funny, and proceeded to make another (worse) comment as she walked off the stand; he called her back again (he heard the comment again); gave her more ear-full, and then slapped 30 days in the Slammer sentence on top of the fine!!

Brilliant!!

The look on her face? Total shock and then tears...

GOLD.

Terry_w, HUGH72 and mikey7 like this.
  17. Ted Varrick

Hopefully she wasn't in court for the random grevious bodily harm of other citizens for no reason...