Auction on Thursday

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 6th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Couple of hundred k.

2. bonchovies

bonchovies Well-Known Member

Can you share what were the things you knew about it that other buyers probably didn't for the greater value add?

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

One of the things was the retaining in the garden was totally botched and overkill. It could be redone freeing up a lot of land. There was one other thing (not specific to just this property) but also others in the area so I won't comment on that as I'm actively looking.

Last edited: 9th Sep, 2021
  4. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

It’s what I’ve found. People are banking on prices going up even further for a profit to be made. There is an enormous amount of money in the economy and people are desperate to find places to put it even if it’s at a loss on today’s values.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree. I'm trying to find something that makes sense in today's dollars but many ppl are factoring another 15 to 20% growth.

I'm looking at areas of high demand with good price gaps between renovated and old. It's not impossible to get one at a decentprice, one just sold with a nice gap in price. Sold off market though. I'm chasing as many off market channels as possible because that's where the opportunities are atm.

Car tart likes this.
  6. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is the reason that crypto and other silly investments such as classic cars have shot up. People have the money and don’t see opportunities in the ASX and RE markets.

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I don't really know....but I agree with you, there's a ton of money out there yearning to be parked somewhere with good upside and acceptable risk. Just not easy to find. But if you can, the rewards could be very good.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia