WA Aubin Grove - 1st IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by starlight, 3rd Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. starlight

starlight Member

Have anyone bought in Aubin Grove?

Is it a good suburb with good capital growth? Did a drive around and notice heaps of development along Lyon Road and there are development going on under NRAS scheme near to the Harvest Lake Shopping Centre.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

The fact that there is so much development going on there is a 'no' for me - lots of supply and in Perth right now, not much demand.

Are you going to build new? If you are, what's going to make yours different from the others in the development? And if you buy established, you're competing with heaps of newer properties that are being built.

On the upside, the proximity to transport (new train station) is good.

Just my thoughts - I'm not a huge fan of buying in estates for the above reasons, especially in a flat or dropping market.

3. starlight

starlight Member

Hi Jess, my intention is to buy new. I see potential with the proposed new train station and the close proximity to Cockburn Central.

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Why new? I was about to pipe up and say Aubin Grove could be an okay area - but only for certain types of property. I generally wouldn't be considering a new build there.

5. starlight

starlight Member

The suburb is relatively new, hence I am looking at new build. What types of property will suit as IP or which streets are better?

6. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Aubin Grove is exactly the type of area you wouldn't invest in right now.
    Tonnes of supply, little demand.
    A new build would be like playing russian roulette with 6 bullets in the chamber.

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The thing is we are now in a down ward cycle, which means over supply.

I would not be jumping into buying any properties in Perth unless you are buying an absolute screaming bargain from a desperate seller. Its a buyers market so you have time on your side.

Land and house packages is not something I would be doing in a declining market, who knows what the end value will be?? L&H packages can work well in rising markets

MTR:)

Last edited: 4th Oct, 2015
  8. Blikkies

Blikkies Member

I bought a 3×2 in Aubin Grove the only thing is land are so expensive and depends on who you are going to use as your builder? If it is in a development and Nicheliving is the builder give it A PASS believe me I'm struggling with my IP due to POOR workmanship. The upside is the train station that they are going to get and only 4km from Cockburn shopping centre.

Cheers

starlight likes this.