Attn Experienced Solicitors

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Brian84, 25th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Are there any solicitors on this forum in sydney that have experience in house and land issues.

My sister in law has purchased a house and land package in oran park and has big problems so I am trying to help her out as much as I can because she is due to give birth any day now.

2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

If you have no joy through here just PM me, we open in NSW on 17 Aug and I have already employed 2 NSW solicitors they are in setup mode at the moment but I will flick it to them and get them to give you a rundown on options FOC.

3. Brian84

Thanks for the reply. I have to get something sorted this week because it has been dragging on for to long and I don't think they will be able to hold out for that long. Thankyou anyway. I'm pretty confident they will be able to sue their builder and their conveyancer they had to go through the contracts.

4. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

My NSW lawyers have started already. Although not looking for work, if you PM me the details I will get it looked at tomorrow for you.

5. Brian84

I'm just getting my sister in law to write down all the problems she has with the purchase/contract then we can go from there. She should have it together by 2mrw

6. Brian84

Hi rpi,

I sent you a pm.

7. tajid

tajid Member

Hey Brian, mind sharing what the problems are? I also just bought H&L in Gledswood Hills, next to Oran Park, had some issue with builder & solicitor too but tried to solve it myself as didn't know what else to do.

8. Brian84

It's is sorted now but the problem was she bought a h&l package with McDonald jones in Oran park and the contract showed a specific house to go on that block of land which was the main reason she bought that package because she loved the house. They signed the contract, plans went off to council, and went through the conveyancer and finally to land titles which are the only people who picked up that that house would not fit on the block of land they had as the package because Mac jones didn't allow for the carriage way that runs along the front of theirs and their neighbours house. They sold their house and rented it back off the new owners until their house got built and the land got registered which they had to wait 8 months for which isn't uncommon. The lady for Mac jones literally said we f'd up. Long story short they are getting a release from Mac jones and are selling the land through a real estate agent.

Who are you building with? I know a lot about the project home builders in that area as that is where I build new homes and have a few mates that build for them as well.

9. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Good outcome! You don't hear stories like that very often.

Brian84 likes this.