ATO Tax Claim

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by ferndale29, 26th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Word of mouth referral. Having a google listing doesnt mean much

2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

If you want an accountant you can go and visit, put your location here and somebody might have a recommendation.

3. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

My head hurts from reading this post :p

Guessing its one of those $30 tax return places (might not actually be $30 but yea they arent going to spend time with you explaining everything)

Might want to go to an agent that explains everything to you (just once would be enough)

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Actually if your that stingy (not personally attacking the OP) but to anyone reading
    You could call the centre who may be able to explain everything (dont expect expertise advise but should be able to go through what you entered and why you got taxed a certain amount)

5. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Seems low to me
    I would have thought your tax would have been higher
    I think you are on a great tax deal

Terry_w likes this.
  6. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Learn how tax is calculated, perhaps foreign income is differently calculated than just added to your local income? Income can be offset via expenses for the future. Should not be charged twice for tax earned and paid elsewhere. 20% tax would be considered low, and cannot possibly answer with information you supplied.
    When I don't understand something I ask the source first to explain to me, then if I am unhappy or still don't understand, I seek alternative solutions.

7. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Why not check out one of those pop up tax consultants in the shopping centre? Probably equally as good as ITP and H&R Block. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Also, a common mistake of taxpayers is to judge their accountant based on the size of the refund or payable amount. Just because you are paying tax, does not mean the return is incorrect. However because you used this kind of tax agent does increase the chance of mistake.

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Yes, you can pay tax twice, perhaps a credit for the foreign tax may be fully or partially not not given. The full and final tax on the forei

Tip : Google translate now features most subcontinent languages.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia