ATO Guide for rental property owners 2017

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Invest_noob, 27th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

If you haven't done your taxes as yet and plan on doing it yourself, here is an ATO guide to what you can and can't claim. I've also found the ATO to be quite helpful when you call them up if something isn't clear. This is not tax advice.

Attached Files:

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The rental guide is a good "first source"guide but still contains a number of issues that are either under stated or could be easily mistaken.

I encourage all IP owners who are clients to get familiar with the guide as it explains the key concepts so that when we discuss things we can be more detailed and I find clients ask informed questions rather than "what can I claim"...

Other sources can include include video, podcasts etc. Our PAS TV YouTube series covers a range of property tax issues too.

And of course PC has stacks of threads

Invest_noob and EN710 like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia