ASX200 Accumulation Index

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Hodor, 17th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

I was wondering how dividends, specifically franking credits, are treated in reference to the ASX200 Accumulation Index. Are they grossed up or does the index use the net yield and ignore these credits?

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge imputation credits are not included in the above accumulation index.

Haven't read up on this stuff for ages so hope the following article is still correct:

Stock Market Indices Accumulation Indices - Loan Market

Note with most LICs their accumulation index adjusted for franking credits will gain a boost from 100% franking unlike the ASX 200 accumulation index adjusted for franking which is NOT fully franked. Bear this in mind when comparing performance.

3. Jack Chen

Jack Chen Well-Known Member

Any idea if the book is worth checking out? I'm quite intrigued by the title.

Colin Nicholson’s books: Building Wealth in the Stock Market and The Psychology of Investing

4. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

The first is likely to be very much trading focused. Followed Colin quite a bit when trading many years ago. Not my thing nowadays.

Not sure about the second but sounds interesting. Idea, buy it and give us a summary. I told you I was lazy:D.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia