Asset Allocation

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by dunno, 25th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Don’t be a wimp dump it all in at once:D. The stats suggest this is the way to go. Never argue with the stats:confused::):cool:.

2. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

UPDATE

Took opportunity to sell couple of individual shares in today's market rally and re-invest the proceeds in ETFs (See above)

So now no individual shares owned. Have to pay some CGT but atleast I get to keep my 50% discount and franking credit refunds :D

Cheers,
    Oracle.

Ynot, Anne11 and Islay like this.
  3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. You now join this exclusive “no direct shares” club along with @SatayKing, me and others.

Membership benefits include being given the opportunity to give Chris Bowen three swift kicks up the ar*e:).

sharon, Ynot and oracle like this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it is entirely necessary to have a fixed asset allocation be it funds or percentage. If you're +/- 5% either way to what extent is it really going to have on you over [Insert: Your time-frame.]

Not holding direct shares has certainly made my life easier. Haven't bothered to even look as specific ones except if I hear about a company and maybe get curious. Doesn't happen often.

The ones I disposed of (including CSL!) were really the remnants of the cottage garden from when I thought I knew what I was doing. And I still don't know that. It got tiring.

Ynot, Anne11, Snowball and 3 others like this.