QLD Aspire in Griffin vs Kilarra in Logan Reserve

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SuperWolf, 6th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Logan Reserve vs Griffin

1. Griffin

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Logan Reserve

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. SuperWolf

SuperWolf New Member

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying in both areas (first home buyer) after looking at existing properties and finding nothing suitable in our budget, it makes sense to me to buy at these two locations, and build our own as they arent too far from the train to the city.

I'm leaning to Logan Reserve(Through Kilarra) because of the location (between Brisbane/Gold Coast) so in my head that means better potential value growth.

Would just like some general advice/thoughts on

- Aspire vs Villaworld (does it matter who they are?)
    - Griffin vs Kilarra (what are your thoughts on the areas/developments)
    - Recommended builders? (Overwhelmed at the builder list)
    - Any tips on picking a lot? (Avoid this etc...)

Tom Rivera likes this.
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Hey SuperWolf, I can't help you a great deal with Griffin but I can answer all your questions in detail for Logan Reserve. I live in Logan Reserve, work in partnership with a building company and we have a very close relationship with Villaworld, so I naturally keep a close eye on Killara.

Villaworld has a great reputation, puts together a quality development and are generally very well priced. They are definitely my pick for the developments in Logan Reserve right now for owner occupiers and investors looking at building a traditional home.

Logan Reserve is going to see a lot more construction over the next decade, so don't expect sudden exponential capital growth. It's a great spot with good infrastructure and generally quality developments attracting a reasonable demographic, but we're right at the start. Depending on your strategy, this could be a good or a bad thing. I like the idea of getting in early.

My recommendation on builders really depends on what you're trying to achieve. Are you price driven to the exclusion of all else- quality and inclusions can be compromised for the bottom line? Or are you looking for a balance, you don't mind spending more for a nice home as long as it isn't over the top?

Picking the lot also depends on the builder, price and lot details. The value proposition really goes downhill in Killara when you head too far over 450m2, so unless there's a particularly attractive block (e.g. bigger but oddly shaped) I think that's a good Goldilocks size- not too big, not too small.

3. Singhalyash

Singhalyash Well-Known Member

@SuperWolf did you end up buying it? How is it performing and how is the area?

Looking at first IP in Killara

4. Tersy

Tersy New Member

I used to live in griffin still hold it as an investment property. It is a very nice area. Close to the water, close to north lakes. There is also the new station in mango hill now which is right next to griffin.

As far as living there it was a gopd experience, very quiet family orientated suburb. Left my garge door open one day went to work and nothing was missing.

That area is still growing massively too with a new uni to be built soon.