Ask and you shall receive (maybe)

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Greyghost, 18th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

no, but some wont do it within 6 months, and valuers will get jack of it pretty quick.

2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I just shifted from westpac ppor loan at 4.5% or thereabouts to bank of queensland at 3.99% and looking to move an investment property over for a variable rate of 3.99 or a 3 year fixed rate of 3.94. I think ill do the fixed rate because i cant see it getting much better than that for investor loans any time soon.

The big 4 are just screwing investors over like crazy right now. High 4's when there are others charging high 3's.

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

BoQ is a good rate, just gotta be aware they x-coll by policy and have about a 5 week turn around for Refi's at the moment! :eek:

Greyghost likes this.
  4. Hockey Monkey

Hockey Monkey Well-Known Member

Is that 3.99% BoQ rate before their recent 18 basis point increase?

5. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

I just spoke to my broker and said I wouldn't get a lower interest rate because I have a high LVR? My interests rate are all close to 5% , my loans are with CBA, Anyone had any experience with CBA at high LVR's and getting a discount?

6. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Its much easier to get discounting with CBA when theres new lending on the table. Comes back down to the 'how you ask' and 'when you ask' to get the best results with CBA.

Their pretty willing to move on rates across your portfolio then.

They usually come out with a flat reject if there has been:
    1. No New lending
    2. Pricing has already been applied in the last 12 months.

CBA do price on LVR though - so it can be one reason why your discount is lower.

If you have different rates on your loans, you may be able to get your package discount applied evenly (best case scenario most likely).

Cheers,
    Redom

Observer and blackenator like this.
  7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

No not before. It's a current deal. Up to xmas day.

8. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

So what would the cross collateralize by policy mean for me? I already have my PPOR with BOQ on a variable rate with 80% lend. I'm now looking at putting an IP with them for a fixed 3 year rate at a 80% lend.

If they automatically cross collateralize the loans what would that mean exactly? Isn't it when they use part of one loan to secure the other? But if they are 80% refinances their wouldn't be any need would there to use part of one loan as the "deposit" for the other? Or does security for the other loan mean something else that I'm missing?

I don't think I know what I'm talking about here so any help in the general direction would be appreciated. I'll do some further reading too.

I guess the thing that would be concerning for me, is if later on I wanted to refinance one property away from BOQ and being crossed with another BOQ loan would somehow prevent me from doing that?

But like I said I'll do some more reading and hopefully be able to find some answers.

Thanks

Tim

9. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I think this actually answers my questions: Cross Collateralised versus Standalone

I think i should be okay with my circumstances. Something pretty bad would have to happen to screw me up with the cross coll.

Cross coll does sound like it sucks big time though.

tobe likes this.
  10. Jess Peletier

HI Tim, it means that they'll take both your PPOR and your IP as security for your loan/s. Under 80% it's not as big a deal but if your values drop it would cause issues. I would ask them pro-actively to not cross, and see what they say. If they think they'll lose the deal they may reconsider - I did push the issue with my BDM and he was quite reluctant to say they wouldn't, but he did say it. It's worth a try.

11. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.

The thing i find pretty rubbish is if i refinanced one loan away from them they could then check my serviceability for the other loan i have with them and if my income has reduced or the rates have gone up and i cant service any more according to their calculator they can then demand that i pay down the loan. Have i got that right?

12. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I just spoke to my mate at boq and he said they dont do cross collateralized loans automatically. Its just an option like every other bank.

13. Jess Peletier

Yep. I had exactly that situation with Macquarie recently, ended up having to move all 3 properties to other lenders.
    Okay, that's not what I've been told, but I've never tested it out, either - I mainly use them for PPOR set and forget stuff rather than investors. I would suggest checking your loan docs to be sure. :)

Tim86 likes this.
  14. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

So just an update on my previous post was previously on 5% interest rate and was advised can not do any lower since variable had the option to fix for 2 years with CBA offering 4.19 for my ppor which is actually an investment but they don't seem to care and 4.44 on my investment loan. Although the downfall was that the offset does not offset the interest on those loans I left another loan that I had for equity release fixed and my money will be offset against that.

In my situation I really dont have alot of money in my offset because I use the funds for deposits for other properties but I can see this being an issue with people who are with CBA