Ashley Madison

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Notlad Samoht, 20th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I dont know how any of you guys have the time effort or money to do these things!!!!!!

2. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

lol, so going gy the stats there would be some property chat users on Ashley Madison o_O

Notlad Samoht likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hahahaha - a quote popped up on FB along the lines of ...8 million (or was it 80 mil?) people registered on Ashley Madison - and yet they think the gays will undermine marriage

Esh, Tillie and wylie like this.
  4. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how stupid people are. Isn't everyone already using a Visa gift card to pay for their VPN to avoid the Gov snooping on their web activity?

Inertia.

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Yep. Today I'm in Lake Tahoe.

inertia likes this.
  6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

It was 38m and yes it shows the ridiculousness of the anti same sex marriage f-wits

7. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I think the success of Ashley Madison is indicative of the epidemic of sexless marriages. Worse than sexless marriages, is the fact that many people apparently can't talk about it, and feel they have no option but to resort to infidelity.

If you can't say to your partner: "I'm not feeling sexually satisfied in this relationship. What are we going to do about it?", or if you're not willing to hear it and negotiate something, then I don't think you should be married.

But clearly I'm the minority in having this view!

Getting married doesn't mean that you have the right to demand sex at any time. But nor does it mean its opposite, that you're consigned to a sexless life if your partner decides they're no longer interested.

Sexual satisfaction is hugely important, and marriage should not be a hindrance to that - ideally it would be the facilitator! I'm constantly amazed as to how many people - mostly men, admittedly - who live unhappily in sexless marriages, but either a) don't do anything to fix it, or b) resort to infidelity.

Many men have these conversations with me, that they claim not to be able to have with their spouse. That makes me terribly sad.

Jess Peletier and T.C. like this.
  8. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

It is sad, but if the spouse does not acknowledge the problem what then? A mate of mine got divorced, he spoke to his wife about various issues many times and the only validation of his pain and the issues was after he left.

Lets say someone has children, absolutely adores their children and would hate to be away from them. Cheat or see your children 1/2 the time (less if you are a dad). If you have nothing to lose by cheating why wouldn't you?

In my opionion if a spouse's only response is to say no, then they lose the right to a monogamous marriage. But say it to his/her face, that is the honourable thing to do.

Last edited: 24th Aug, 2015
    Perp likes this.
  9. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I agree with all. I'm sorry that your mate's wife was unwilling to work on it. Many of the men I speak with don't even raise the issue - that's what I was addressing.

10. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Lib hit it on the head. Men don't want to give up time with their kids or lose assets plus paying long term child support. So they'd rather live unhappily married and get a bit (or a lot) on the side.

11. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

As a woman, I'm saying that if the wife doesn't want to have sex with her husband, and is unwilling to do anything about it (e.g. get her libido checked out by doctor, have relationship counselling to negotiate something both are happy with, etc.), then there should be no need for divorce - he should have lovers openly, and she should be happy that somebody else is willing to give her husband what she clearly isn't.

It's not reasonable, IMHO, to say: "I've chosen to live a celibate (or near-celibate) life, so you have to, too".

Lizzie, Brian84, Phantom and 2 others like this.
  12. Teach

Teach New Member

All people have needs. I believe that there are many who do not know how to satisfy the needs of their loved one, while others can not be bothered to put in the hard work in order to gain some rewards. Most want an easy ride in life. After all is said and done, more is said than done.

Perp likes this.
  13. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

Esh, PrG and Perp like this.
  14. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

15. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

See ya's.

mrdobalina likes this.
  16. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Who's Ashley?

Ashley Madison?

A dating site with the tagline “Life is short. Have an affair” which offers married people the opportunity to cheat on their spouses. With a claimed 37 Million users :confused:

Apparently most of the female profiles were fake, reminds me of the joke (substitute sex depending on your wont)
    Q
    "How do you know your husband is cheating"
    A
    "You Don't"

17. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm confused now. If most of the female profiles were fake, who was hooking up... and with whom?

18. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Mrs palmer and her five daughers??

19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Well that can be arranged without access to a keyboard ;).

20. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

What did they think was going to happen? Seriously? So. Much. Lol!