VIC Ashbury vs Watermark vs Villawood Armstrong

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by macdub, 31st Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. macdub

macdub Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Apologies if this is covered already. Which of these 3 estates will be a better pick for land for investment purpose?

Has anybody bought in any of these and can throw some thoughts?

I am looking to buy land that is 1-1.5 years away for settlement.

Thanks

2. Jimmylt

Jimmylt Well-Known Member

Ashbury had a bad name because it took them so long to get their first stage up and going. They were advertising blocks 3 or 4 years ago, and still don't have their first block titled (that I know of). Having said that, once they do start titling, they'll me in a good position close to the proposed town centre.

Villawood is a nice spot, but more expensive than the other side of Surf Coast Highway for no real reason than they simply wanted to. There might be ongoing estate charges to be a member of the fitness centre which are expensive.

Watermark feels cheap and nasty to me, although I have no rational reason why. I had a hold on a block there but pulled out and got my money back. Just didn't feel right. Although I would have kept it but got a better deal up the road at Waralily on a block I'd been watching but was tied to Metricon exclusively. They couldn't move it, so I bought it on the proviso I could use another builder.

But at the end of the day, in 10 years, all those estates will blend into one big suburb anyway, and it won't make a lick of difference what the estate was originally called.

Ashbury is in a good spot, I'd probably buy there for the right price.

3. macdub

macdub Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. Do you have any details on new proposed station, when its going to be ready? Which estate will be closest to the new station?

4. Jimmylt

Jimmylt Well-Known Member

No sorry, not really sure where they plan to run the train line down to Torquay.