Asbestos Removal

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by MggBris, 20th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MggBris

MggBris Member

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to renovate my 3 bed 1 bathroom house in Mount Gravatt, all internal walls and ceilings are asbestos and we are looking to gut the whole house, as all internal walls will be moved in the extension. Just wondering if anyone had a ball park figure on what that this would cost or if anyone has a contact for me to get in touch with to get a quote done, reliable and at a competitive price would also be great.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback.

Tim86 likes this.
  2. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I went to a bit of effort to find the most competitive price and found the asbestos eliminator to give the best quote. They did a very professional job too.. I'd hazard a guess for a 3bed 1bath, he could do it for about $7k, depending on the floor area.

MggBris likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've had two houses done (big jobs) and two smaller jobs done by Somah and his men from Total Asbestos. We're very happy with him and his prices. He checks every job to see nothing has been missed and it is left clean.

Total Asbestos 3151 0312 or call direct to Somah 0421 804 305.

First house was Holland Park two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, hallway area, separate toilet, all walls and ceilings in those areas removed, plus a small store room walls and ceilings under the house. Cost was $5K or thereabouts, and our son paid about the same to a plasterer to have the ceilings and walls replaced with plaster (but not the downstairs store room).

Other place was a bigger job in Coorparoo, with similar amount upstairs, (two bathrooms), no ceilings upstairs but wall sheeting of much larger rooms, and a considerable amount of ceiling and walls downstairs. That job was about $9K.

Both jobs included removing tiles, and all items in the rooms involved, ie. bath, large cupboards, vanity, glass screens, full kitchen in first house. I think there were three truckloads taken from the first job and not sure about the second.

Second job they completed gutted two bathrooms, including tiled floors, fittings, baths, vanities, glass screens, toilets.

We were going to remove all the fittings and dump them but it was not worth it for the saving and speed these men do it in, not to mention ripping baths out can break the sheets so much better that they do it with proper protection.

4. MggBris

MggBris Member

Thanks very much Wylie and vbplease, much appreciated I will be in touch with both to get a quote done. My rough estimates came to around that 6-7k mark, so hopefully that's what these guys come back with.

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I had it removed from a laundry and bathroom - from memory it was around the $2k mark. It was a much smaller job than yours though.

Cheers

Jamie