Artwork

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TerryN, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That young chap could pass for my nephew. That is really good, especially the eyes and hair, his freckles, expression.

TerryN and MTR like this.
  2. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Thanks wylie,I think both of them were done a couple of years ago so I will have to update them some day.I tried to catch his quietly cheeky look (not sure how I went) and with my sister's grand daughter just hoped for the best as I have only met her twice so far unfortunately.

MTR likes this.
  3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Terry, you and @Darren are really talented and you probably should be exhibiting.

Hats off to you both, as I'd be hard up painting the side of a shed....

TerryN, wylie and Darren like this.
  4. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Thanks Ted,but I think I have a long way to go before I reach that stage.Most of the people on the art site I go onto sometimes tell me that I have a bit of natural ability, but that is just a starting point and it is up to you how much work you want to put into it to improve.In my case any improvement will be slow as I don't have the necessary time to put into it,and probably not the inclination either as I always have a bit too much on my plate,but,I might get inspired one day.ha,ha.Regards Terry.

Ted Varrick likes this.
  5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

@TerryN Yeah the ship was a freebee, most if the time I do trades with tattoo artists, I have sold them before.
    Honestly I'm thinking about making a baby's clothing label, how many tattooed people have babies?

TerryN likes this.
  6. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

It has occurred to me that I have been posting mostly drawings of beautiful women wylie,so will post one of this chap just to show my lack of bias,not sure if you'll recognize him,so we'll see.A friend of my daughter asked me to do this one for her.I didn't have any idea who he was previous to doing the drawing but have since found out PW1.jpg that he was very popular with the ladies before his tragic early demise.

Redwing, sharon and Weaver like this.
  7. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Yes Darren,the tattoo industry seems to be expanding all the time in every area.I sometimes find it a bit unusual to see a lovely looking girl covered in tattoos (probably because of my conservative nature)but each to their own I suppose.I look forward to seeing more of your work.Terry

Darren likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Paul Walker
    Once again brilliant.

Have you ever been paid for your work?

9. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

No MTR,As I explained a few comments back,I have sometimes received a "present" in return for my drawings.(as with the Kiwi boxing mate a few posts back) but I've never asked for or received money for them.It's so rewarding to be able to do something for someone and for them to appreciate it even if it is not perfect.A mate of mine who I've known most of my life asked me if I would do a drawing of his wife who had recently passed away,handed me a 6x4 photo (of when they were both kids and first got together) at the pub and said,"I know you'll be able to do it mate".Anyway,I was very dubious as I hadn't been drawing all that long, but as I had known his wife very well when we were kids,I had a go at it and he was very pleased when he received it for Christmas a couple of years back.The drawing is now hanging on his entry way wall and I feel a bit proud when I go to his place for whatever reason and pass by it,so I suppose I have been paid for it MTR.On another note I noticed in one of my Building publications that Atlanta is sitting at number 3 in the top 20 markets at the moment so looks like you were very clever to get in early.I think Houston and Dallas were the top 2.I'll dig up another drawing for your interest.Regards Terry. LDC1.jpg

sharon, MTR and Weaver like this.
  10. Lawry

Lawry Member

Hi TerryN, thanks for sharing. I enjoy pencil sketching as a hobby as well, here are a few of mine.

Attached Files:

hobo, sharon, Lizzie and 5 others like this.
  11. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

G/day Lawry,They are all terrific drawings. Love the one of the dog.I haven't had a go at doing fur yet so I'll have to get around to that soon.Have you been drawing a long time?I'm in the building game (bricklayer)and have taken it up late in life (around 4 or 5 years ago )so might have to get a move on if I am to improve to your standard I think.All the best.Terry.

12. Lawry

Lawry Member

Hi Terry, I enjoyed and did quite well at Art in school, then did nothing much till I picked up a pencil again about 2 years ago, have been gradually improving since then like you. I also have the same time challenges, so I only get to do it now and then, usually late at night when the kids are gone to bed. Drawing fur can be very tricky, its my latest challenge.

TerryN likes this.
  13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

The dog and Rowen Atkinson particularly are amazing. I have drawing envy. ;)

MTR and Lawry like this.
  14. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

I'll keep putting up the occasional drawing to hopefully prompt anyone who stumbles onto the thread to do the same.Most people would know this athlete although the drawing probably doesn't do her justice.I CathyFreeman.jpg was trying to catch the whimsical look she had in the photo.Might have missed it a bit.ha,ha.Terry.

WattleIdo and MTR like this.
  15. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Just cleaning out my computer (heaps of junk everywhere)and stumbled onto this photo of a little project I did a while back for a friend who had the two ends of an old Singer sewing machine stored in her shed, and offered them to me if I thought I could do something with them so I just got some rubbish timber off the worksite, dressed it up a bit,and gave it back to her.She seemed to like it and I certainly didn't want it as I have the same stuff everywhere around my home including another table also made from an old Singer base.I think I enjoy the recycling thing more than the woodwork part of it,as I love to make stuff from junk.Terry. Singer 1.jpg

Lizzie, Darren, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Terry
    great stuff:)
    I buy furniture at auctions and renovate myself, its been a while since I attended an auction. I will post one of my pieces when I get back to Perth, currently away at the moment.

MTR:)

TerryN likes this.
  17. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

I look forward to that MTR,I will see if I can dig up some snaps of other pieces I've done.It sounds like you do fine woodworking as opposed to my "rustic"stuff.I'm always thinking about how to utilize something that has been thrown away,such as old timber pallets,etc.Coincidentally,that style seems to be popular at the moment.All the best Terry. WR2.jpg

wylie and MTR like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

my fav, wine, any nice chardonnay in that stack:)

TerryN likes this.
  19. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Here is another old revamped Singer sewing machine that sits in our dining room.The bottom was still intact on this one and I only had to add a top.My wife put a couple of old bits and pieces on it, and I added a drawing of my daughter and another Singer2.jpeg one of my youngest grandson just to clutter it up a bit more.

MTR likes this.
  20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Love the rustic furniture - although the wine rack needs to go all the way to the bottom ;)

13 yr old daughters' latest offering

soph1.jpg

WattleIdo, wylie, Lawry and 1 other person like this.