Artwork

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TerryN, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget @EN710 who paints pets. One coat of paint, and your blue heeler can be transformed into a red setter. Change a trout into a goldfish. Don't worry about white mice- just catch a few in the house and have them painted.

Propertunity and EN710 like this.
  2. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

G/day Darren,They look great,well done.

Darren likes this.
  3. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Well done Bob,it probably gets viewed more closely there than it would anywhere else in the house,as you sort of have a captive audience,for a little while at least.

4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'm not a magician :confused:

I paint as hobby :) mainly acrylic on canvas. Haven't done it for a while as no proper table = back pain

Attached Files:

WICB, WattleIdo, Lizzie and 3 others like this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

TerryN, that's very good artwork,have a look at what sometimes comes up within Australia from old Australian Artist's they all started like you..
    Award Winning Australian Landscapes

TerryN likes this.
  6. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

They look great EN710.I particularly like the black and white spotted dog as it uncannily resembles a wonderful dog I had for 16 years.She was a cattle dog cross.She went everywhere with me,including the worksites (which didn't worry anyone much in those days as there were usually three or four dogs on site.ha,ha)She would also follow me for miles through the bush with me on horseback and her tagging along behind.She was great mates with a stockhorse mare that I had for almost 15 years and they had a great connection. It was very sad when they eventually departed.Again,great work EN710. Regards Terry.

WattleIdo and EN710 like this.
  7. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link willair.I will check them out later this evening when I get back in from work.I think now at my age (63)it is a race against time to improve to somewhere near where you'd like to be.I have great plans to spend lots of spare time (something I don't have at the moment) drawing,doing mosaic artwork when I eventually retire, but on the other hand I don't really have any plans to finish any time soon as I enjoy my work.Maybe my body will make the decision for me eventually.Regards Terry.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Your still young TerryN,and with your drawing skills this is a quote from one of the Australian most famous,just a pity they die young.
    quote .
    A painting is a record of the extremely intensified moments of life – where more than one space, two senses of time, more than the law even seems at work, where the emotional forces seem to be propelling one to a dangerous limit, where reason and explanations become too enfeebled or too speeded-up to matter."
    Brett Whiteley..

WattleIdo and TerryN like this.
  9. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Thanks Jess,hopefully you mean both of ours (wylie and myself)I'd never seen mosaic busts before and was very impressed with wylie's work.As for mine I am at least prolific if not much else and have churned out quite a few since I first got interested in having a go at the craft some time back.

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I adore my Wylie mosaic bust - and it always seems to make it into photo shoots when we're selling a house ... :D ... I've had it for, gosh, 10-ish years now and it's still my favourite piece of artwork. Admittedly, I do prefer the ones that finish at the top of the hips

bust.jpg

sharon, SStar, WattleIdo and 5 others like this.
  11. geoffw

Wylie should give a TED talk about her artworks.

Then she'd be bust Ted.

The Y-man and sanj like this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

My 13yr old daughter's art teacher is devastated she chose commerce and entrepreneurship over art next year ... she is talented in the full spectrum! character.jpg

2016-12-08 19.14.22.jpg

2017-01-23 07.43.53.jpg

hobo, sharon, Darren and 5 others like this.
  13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Lizzie :).

It might prove to be a great choice for Sophia, head in one direction and also keep her art up. I reckon she could end up with the best of both worlds. I think there are lot of artists who barely make ends meet.

I know a chap who is super talented, but unless you get into a gallery you are just fiddling around the edges of the art world (or that is how it seems to me anyway).

I also know a couple and he had made it big by his late 20s. When I last visited their house (nearly 20 years ago) he was working on a huge canvas and another in his studio had just sold for $18k.

To do something you love and make money (in the art world) can be a hard road.

She certainly does have talent, so maybe some external classes to hone that talent would mean she earns good money as well as continuing to build on her natural ability.

TerryN, Lizzie and Jess Peletier like this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I have an artist friend who is fortunately supported. Even tho she exhibits in Sydney galleries, cannot sell enough to support herself. She is serious - but it pays like a hobby.

Daughter will keep up the art but doesn't want to do lessons. She doesn't want to be "told". Maybe in later years she might revisit but, in the meantime, she loves what she does and is determined to improve constantly (which she has)

Gockie, TerryN and wylie like this.
  15. geoffw

This can be a problem in the art world.

I have a friend who did a full time course for several years. She struggled against the constraints of the scope of the artistic vision presented during the course, biting her lip in order to complete the course and to build up her repertoire of techniques. It was only after finishing that she could really feel free to express herself.

Some people can't cope with that, and many don't complete.

TerryN and Lizzie like this.
  16. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Warning for coarse language, but this so-called primary-school art critic's comments crack me up.

Attached Files:

DaveM, Bran and WattleIdo like this.
  17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I adore the totally spoilt white dog snoozing on the couch - but I would - he's mine :D and not allowed on the furniture

WattleIdo and TerryN like this.
  18. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

LOL Lizzie... clearly he doesn't know about the rule about not being allowed on the furniture. He looks quite at home on the couch. :D

Reminds me of our first dog when I was a little girl. He wasn't allowed on our lounges either but we all knew once we were in bed, up he jumped. We would get up in the morning and he'd be sitting on the floor, looking a bit shifty eyed, and we would feel the warm lounge where he'd just jumped off. We all knew he was getting up there, and we all turned a blind eye to it.

Lizzie likes this.
  19. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  20. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

I did this drawing of a girl I've known for around 40 years and gave it to her for Christmas.I think it is fairly close to the mark and she was very happy which is the main thing I suppose. Gin.jpg

wylie and WattleIdo like this.