Artwork

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TerryN, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Okay ... I got the legs ... and the bit between the legs ... but what is the appendage and bumps further up?

wylie likes this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

LOL... that’s his abs. And the wavy way his waist has been finished was a PITA.

3. random

random Well-Known Member

Nice to see an art thread .
    l was a full time artist 13yrs , a painter, drawing . Tbh l;ve wished in my case l'd stuck to an on the side hobby basis though and nice going Terry too.
    Unfortunately getting mixed up in the art world , galleries and some of the people , and added to the work itself, the life , has left me never wanting to return since tbh. l also wound up with a fear of becoming famous because of the life fame would force me into too and that was highly possible and so another reason l left it.

So in ways l envy you op bc it'd be so nice to just enjoy art again but in just a hobby sense this time and away from all the crap that eventually turned me off . Maybe one day.

TerryN likes this.
  4. wylie

@random - would be great to see some of your work. I feel a bit of a knob putting my art here, as it's a bit like "look at me, look at me" but it is a safe place to do so. And seeing the talent of other people is something I really enjoy.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. rld

rld Active Member

Very nice @wylie! Here are my recent paintings so you feel like less of a knob ;)

Interested to see your work @random IMG-3715.jpg IMG-3720.jpg

Perp, TerryN, Handyandy and 2 others like this.
  6. wylie

@rld thank you for helping me out. :D

I like your art style, particularly the blue and black (bull?). That really catches my eye. Love the other one too (kneeling man?), but there's something about the blue and black that I'd want to take home with me.

I've put one of my aluminium pieces into a gallery, and have been told it will definitely sell, and they have some amazing art there that really catch my eye. My niece has done some amazing art in a similar style to yours. I know she is on the forum, so I'm going to prompt her to put some of her work up.

rld likes this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Time for another piece/series, the next one being red bull :p

rld and wylie like this.
  8. rld

rld Active Member

Thanks for the kind words. I've just started but I think based on having no more walls to hang canvas's on, the next step would be to sell some. Feel free to give my Instagram a follow @artbyriyaan if you're ever after something :)

How did you go about getting your stuff in a gallery?

@Scott No Mates your commission 'red bull' is coming right up ;)

Scott No Mates likes this.
  9. wylie

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed that two of my pieces are in the gallery, but not on their website. So nobody will see them unless they physically walk into the gallery. And they take about one third of the sale price.

I'll check out your instagram.

rld likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It's @_artbyriyaan or @artbyriyaa___ (after a bit of searching) :oops:

rld likes this.
  11. random

random Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for that but tbh it might be recognized and well, l just don't wanna go back there. l know that might be hard to get but as strange as it might sound l've been much happier out of art . But l still love seeing other peoples.

rld and wylie like this.
  12. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Here's one of my 'artworks'

[​IMG]

I call it "A Piece of Scrap' - a builder mate of mine had a whole heap of hardwood from a leftover reno that he wanted to get rid of. I milled it all down and made my new laptop table. There's remnants of an old hot water heater stand, stair tread, joists and balustrades there. All from an old QLD'er.

paulF, gman65, Handyandy and 3 others like this.
  13. rld

rld Active Member

Scott No Mates likes this.
  14. rld

rld Active Member

Yeah that's no ideal, I guess that's why art is so expensive as the gallery takes a third of the sale, almost as bad as capital gains tax :D

15. MicrowaveJenny

MicrowaveJenny Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this hardly counts, but here's my effort during a wine & painting class (perfect for non-artists wanting a bit of creative fun with friends over red wine and nibbles). I figured it was the only type of art class I'd go to

Attached Files:

TerryN and Handyandy like this.
  16. wylie

That's better than anything I could paint. I tried to copy what I thought was a simple, child-like painting once, and it looked so bad, yet seemed so easy.

One son and his partner went to one of those wine and painting classes and had a great time. I'm not sure if my painting would be better after a wine or two, or worse? Even if it was worse, perhaps I'd think it was fabulous... until the morning after. :D

17. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

18. rld

rld Active Member

Yes, that's Maximus :)

larrylarry likes this.
  19. wylie

Just put in the last rivet on the latest piece. Everyone should have one... :D

Attached Files:

20. wylie

And just finished another one, this one wall hung. I'm wondering if other artists start eagerly, and get to the "I wish I could just finish this and get my kitchen table back?"

But half an hour after finishing this, I'm thinking of how to make the next one slightly different. Because I'm keen to do another.

I was going to put this into a gallery, or an online gallery, but once again, I think I'm going to keep her.

Our youngest son says friends used to ask him why we have so many "bodies" around the house LOL.

One day someone will have to dig us out from under it all. ECD966BC-59D5-473A-8549-9E97BB015AC4_1_201_a.jpeg

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia