Artificial Turf

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Kashmir, 10th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. QbiK Evolution

QbiK Evolution Well-Known Member

Can I get an update please on how people's grass is coping with tenants. I need to do the landscaping soon at my house. Ppor now but will be investment in a few years.
    Seems one of the main concerns is heat,i think I will be ok with that as I have 4 - 10m tall paperbark trees on the northern side so hopefully the grass won't cop the summer sun all day.

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We've just laid some artificial grass in a section of our cattery. It's a large cattery @ 36sqm. It looks great & the cats haven't destroyed it yet. I say 'yet' because they love it & that's become the 'rumble' area, and having 5 of my own cats, plus foster kittens at this time of year, it gets a huge workout.

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Tenants are unlikely to look after grass. At out old IP, it was dead in the front and half a metre talk at the back. They have to pay for the water usage.

Artificial grass is one solution. I don't like it myself, it's expensive, it gets hot, and if it's not done correctly it can look bad.

Mulching is another solution. Or you could pay for a gardener to visit once a month during spring and summer.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Contact William the Concretor, "Veni – Vedi – Concretii" or "I came, I saw, I concreted"

geoffw likes this.
  5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Is he a relative of Con Crete and Bill Ding?

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

There is that too. I'm not sure of the cost.

Or you can pave.

I've done a lot of paving recently, using recycled pavers I picked up through gumtree. The cost was $15 per square metre, plus a little for sand and a lot of time, especially for learning how.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I don't think so but his name rings a bell.