Article on Australia's 'young property tycoons'

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by P1ngu, 2nd May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P1ngu

P1ngu Active Member

Found an Interesting article on how the media portrays all the young Aussies (including some PC members) who have a large property portfolio.

Even more interesting are the comments for the reddit article which i found it in:

"Negative gearing properties today is likely the dumbest financial decision you will make in your entire life. It will be like being 18 and broke all over again when the bubble runs out."

*sigh*

Perthguy and MTR like this.
  2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I don't get why it's ok to have threads that are pages long criticising young people who say that housing is unaffordable but when someone criticises an investor it's like they've committed sacrilege? If you put yourself in the public eye, expect to get criticised

DaveyB likes this.
  3. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Good to see people start young and invest for the future but the true test comes when the tide has gone out.

it all come down to how prudent you are and if you any good you will survive the downturn and make good money out of it

Rising tide lift all boats, we have to wait what low tide delivers but judging from WA saga people will blaming banks for lending them the money, it too easy, they lend you anything but it all their genius when they make a bucket load based on cheap and easy debt -:)

DaveyB and MTR like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Unfortunarely for WA mining boom is over until they find sonething to replace it this market will remain a no go zone IMO