NSW Around 1.3m where to buy for good pri and sec school

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by rooster123, 7th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Just a side track. Kids who are tutored to get into selective will continue to be tutored to get into university's top courses, as you know, they are very competitive. That's fine if parents are willing to shell out the money and kids are willing to be part of the plan (but most wouldn't have a clue what they are good at or want) I know there are kids who got into selective (perhaps not james ruse) without tuition. I also know that there are those in selective who aren't happy because they constantly have to strive to be in the top.

krispy likes this.
  2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi @Jenny sorry I missed answering this earlier... been a tad busy LOL :D
    It was on market but only just. You do need to be ready to move quickly when the right place does come up and being pals with the selling agents does have it's benefits- nothing like good long term relationships to assist here with purchaser selection :)

How's your search coming along?

3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I've got a better idea. Why not just RENT in Killara, Cherrybrook etc within the catchment/walking distance to the preferred schools and buy elsewhere in Sydney or interstate. Add to the fact that renters are calling the shots at the moment.

Otherwise the primary goal of getting within a certain catchment is going to compromise common sense and better judgement (or the ideal PPOR) when it comes to the price paid.

We're moving into a PPOR next year but I've been renting for years and love the freedom that comes with it. I'm going to miss renting to be honest.

krispy likes this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Different strokes for different folks, but I tend to think buying in a popular school area is an investment in itself. There's loads of buyer demand, which keeps prices high. If/when you want to sell, there will be high buyer demand when you put it on the market. But of course, maybe there are better opportunities outside of Sydney now, and there's a bucket load of stamp duty on a 1.3mil house...

5. gib802

gib802 New Member

6. DowntownBlock

DowntownBlock Well-Known Member

Good idea... especially with Sydney prices going down. See how market looks next year