Technology & Social Media ArgghhH!!! NBN Woes....

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Propagate, 30th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

OMG **** **** **** ... tech came out today - to the correct address - but the cable details he'd been sent were for last weeks wrong address.

Tech's escalated it at NBN and I'm going banana's at my service provider ... tech says he can connect today if he has right details, and it's a 10 minute job, so I'm still hopeful ... but ****in' jeasus!!!

Last edited by a moderator: 13th May, 2019
  2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Unreal isn't it?

In the last 4 days I've had 3 e-mails and 3 text messages to "gladly inform" me that our technician has been booked for...… 6th February (yes, 3 month ago).

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

So incredibly incompetent. Over five weeks now without internet at that property

The worst part is THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG with the ADSL that was in place

4. Propagate

I feel your pain, we have a working land line that they "could" switch ADSL on in 5 minutes for us, we've had no internet since November and the NBN civil crew aren't coming out to put the new pit in until 4th June, then who knows how much longer after that until we actually get an internet connection. I reckon we'll be lucky to get it sorted within 12 months of signing up.

If we push them to turn the ADSL on they'll cancel the NBN crew so we'll have to go through all this again in he future when ADSL gets switched off, just have to wait it out at the moment and live with the 1.5-3mbits mobile connection we've got with the Huwaie 4G modem.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

OMG - how incredibly frustrating. I know I'm feeling so cross atm, that I'm supposed to be working but are instead stewing ... hate to think how you feel.

So ridiculous and unnecessary to to **** poor planning

6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

In October 2017 we hooked up with Telstra cable (switched from Optus cable). I had to bring in someone from head office to sort out what the usual call centre could not, or would not do.

They said it was too close to NBN roll out in our street to put cable into our house. It was only "too close" because it took nearly two months from when they took my cable order to when they finally hooked up. It was a nightmare and I nearly lost my mind with all the calls and wasted time trying to sort it out.

But once someone with higher authority was dragged into my fight, I ended up getting cable as requested.

And thank goodness I did, because we are only just now (19 months since being told it was too close to chose anything other than NBN) that we can hook up with NBN.

I'm putting off having to hook up to NBN until they iron some bugs out. Some in our street who have hooked up early have not had an easy time of it.

7. Propagate

The long and short of our story is they completely missed our property when NBN put the fibre and pits in the street. It took 3 no-show installers until one turned up that actually worked out what was going on, which then escalated to NBN themselves who came out and said "yes" we missed you, we need to dig your drive up and put a pit in then start again with looking at connecting you to that new pit, we'll be in touch… That was mid February.

Latest news is the NBN civils crew are coming out on June 4th, I don't know at this stage if that's to put the pit in or just a reccy.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Blimin' heck!!

Propagate likes this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh ... got txt late last night from ISP saying they'd fixed the order and tech will be out IN TWO WEEKS.

Tech told me yesterday that he could pop out at any time, and do job in 10 minutes, if he had correct cable details and yesterday my order was escalated with both NBN and ISP. Today ISP tells me the escalation was cancelled because an appointment was allocated.

Been politely going off my nana to ISP for last 40 minutes - want escalation reopened immediately - want tech out there today or tomorrow - want to speak to case manager - want phone number for NBN so can ring them - no I DO NOT WANT a payoff. I understand the ISP in some overseas call centre are limited in what they can do but **** me dead!!!

ISP now trying to get thru to NBN ...

Last edited: 14th May, 2019
  10. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

For me the transition to NBN went smoothly as I have previously said. Or is this an inappropriate time to mention that?:oops:

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

ISP gave me NBN direct phone number ... and they were even more useless! Advising all they could do was recommend ISP escalated order ... it was ****ing escalated as of yesterday and then the escalation was closed due to "appointment being made".

NBN number - swamp it with complaints to **** them off:

1800 626 662

Rang back ISP to make sure order was priority escalated (again) and made them put on the job ticket that "tech is happy to do on his way home and is a 10 minutes job - he just needs cable details" ... hope that works

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That's okay - talking to people I realise it either goes completely smoothly and unnoticed - or is totally ****ed up. There seems to be no middle ground

What is frustrating is, why can't they leave the ADSL on and simply do a switch-over all at the same time? I know that's too logical

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Two different types of services, originating in different places, regulated by idjuts, administered by public servants, regulated by a toothless tiger and delivered by half-wits. :oops:

Propagate likes this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

With customer service based overseas with a bunch of people who have no power to do anything other that quote "computer says"

I guess what makes me so frustrated is I remember the good ole days - when I worked in the Work Management Centre at Telstra (can't believe I just called them good days) ... 20 odd years ago - when someone rang customer service with a major issue (other than standard connections or faults) - customer service rang us - we rang the tech - and the tech sorted it

Simple things like when an electricity trench was open we'd let the tech know and the tech would damn well make sure he swung past on his way home to put a cable in the open trench so he didn't have to dig another trench down the track .... yet recently, when our 200m electricity trench was open, no matter who I phoned at Telstra I couldn't get anyone to come put some cable in it without a connection order in the system - but the connection couldn't have a date past 2 months hence - but we had only started on a build that was going to take at least 6 months.

Ended up paying the builders Dad (as couldn't find any private contractor to do it) as he was an ex-Telstra tech who happened to have some cable in his back shed. So illogical and frustrating. No common sense any more

15. Propagate

This is getting ridiculous.

I missed two calls yesterday from a guy from NBN that said he was going to talk me though getting connected. The last message said he won’t call again and I was to call back my ISP instead.

I’m loathed to call the ISP as 2 out of 4 times I’ve called has resulted in them cancelling the whole order.

No one has been and installed our pit yet, so something seemed off straight away.

I called NBN directly, managed to get to speak to someone who checked the history out and confirmed that the civil crew were still booked in to come and dig the new pit and DPU install on 4th June, so quite how someone from NBN was ready to to talk me through switching my modem on and connecting me is anybody's guess.

I explained to the NB Guy that someone else reporting to be from NBN had called to say we could connect, he went away and came back and said the ISP’s have their own “NBN” department and maybe they had found a work around and I should call them as the NBN themselves don’t have full access to all the back end details that the ISP gets.

I said it was highly doubtful they’d found a work around as we’re 400 meters away from the nearest pit and no one has come and trenched the driveway and installed the new pit and DPU for our property as yet.

This morning, I get a call from the ISP telling me that NBN had told the ISP that the case was resolved and I could now schedule the ISP tech to come out and make the final connection from the house to the DPU. I had to go through the whole saga again with her and explain that THERE STILL IS NO DPU TO CONNECT TO.

She said she’d go back to NBN and find out what was going as, when she read back through the notes, the ISP’s notes still state waiting for the new pit yet NBN are now telling them that the case is resolved but telling me that they are still coming on the 4th June! There seems to be another department somewhere between the two that neither side can actually talk to????

I’m super paranoid that the June date will get cancelled and we’ll be back to square one.

I asked her to make sure she put on the notes and on the message she sends back to NBN that no pit has been installed, there’s no fibre infrastructure to our property yet and under no circumstances should the June 4th NBN civils crew appointment be cancelled.

Fed up of the whole saga.

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'm am feeling your pain.

My understanding - from my ISP Case Manager (yes, I have one of those now and he speaks Australian!) - is that they have to raise the issue to the wholesale supplier - Telstra - and then Telstra raises the issue to NBN ... so three sets of hands for it to go thru to even get a simple question answered.

I am still unresolved and, to date, have spent 6 weeks - 9 hours on the phone - to try and get something connected that the tech says will take him 10mins on the way home:

The first order was lodged under 28 P Drv, Surbub - which is the address on all the utilities - but the tech was sent to 28 P Circuit, Another Suburb (around an hour away)

.... that was sent back and new order raised as 28 P Drv, Surburb - and the tech arrived at the correct address but the order still had the cable details for 28 P Circuit, Another Suburb and was sent back. Tech said if he could get the right cable details then he could connect it on his way home that afternoon, so he raised it as a priority with NBN, we heard nothing for another 24hrs

... by this stage we (me and ISP, as no one at NBN to ask and tech's ph was a silent number) assumed NBN couldn't find the correct property cables due to, two years ago, the suburb boundary being altered and now technically known as 28 P Drv, Fancy Suburb (even tho utilities insist on using the old version) - so order was sent back and new order raised as 28 P Drv, Fancy Suburb

New appointment time - another two weeks away

I lodged a complaint at NBN (and TIO) - NBN replied to ask if the address was 28 P Drv, Suburb aka 28 P Drv, Fancy Suburb? YES IT IS ... and that was the last I heard from them.

Will be asking for $300/day compensation via TIO, if not connected by tomorrow, as will be forced to use a prepaid dongle (180gb for $300) - have let NBN and TIO both know this

I am so ****ing ****ing ****ing over it - all I want to do is cry, eat and drink whiskey

Last edited: 15th May, 2019
  17. Propagate

Well, this gets more confusing by the minute, I just had a call from the NBN guy that I kept missing yesterday. He told me the work has been done and we can make the booking for the tech to come and connect us.

I explained to him that 100% no one has been a put a pit and DPU in my drive and that as far as we were aware they weren't coming until 4th June.

He explained that the date is a "must comply by" date but can be done any time up to then and that his system is showing that the contractors assigned to put the pit and the DPU in have signed off to say it has been completed, which is why he's calling to book the tech visit in to connect us.

He's going to escalate it his end so he can find out where and what exactly the contractor has done as they have been paid to tunnel up the drive and install a pit & DPU as that's what his system shows was the work order, and the contractor is saying that is now complete (but as I assured him we definitely DO NOT have a new pit in the driveway).

I said to him the only thing I can think they may have done is splice us into the pit at the street at the of our drive. There's a pit there but with a fibre cable running straight through, no DPU. If they've cheapened out they may have spliced a DPU into that pit, but that's still a good 100 meters away from where the phone line enters the property.

I'm going to have a look in that pit tonight, if there's a DPU there than that's exactly what they've done as I have been in that pit before and it was just as passing through cable.

If they'v done that then we'll probably have to wait again and get a new civil crew booked in as that pit is too far away from the Telstra point on the house (or very close to being too far away). I'll pace that out tonight if there's a DPU now in that pit.

Chap was nice enough, seemed to know what he was talking about and said he would call me back same time tomorrow to see if I found anything in that pit or if any other pits have been dug on the street.

18. Propagate

...just checked back through my dates, 4th January was the initial NBN order so we're 4.5 months in and still no internet.

19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

arrrrrrrrrgh!

20. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

@Lizzie & @Propagate I'm shaking my head in disbelief at the level of incompetence and buck passing you both have described.

Astounding.

Propagate likes this.