NSW Argenton?? Lake Macquarie

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kr@mer, 12th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kr@mer

Kr@mer Well-Known Member

Looking for opportunities around Lake Macquarie, have come across Argenton,
    Going to take a drive over the weekend to get a feel for the area, being within close proximity to Glendale gut feel says there may be some upside. Anyone have any experience within this area? What to look out for? Want something I can buy and add value. Don’t mind getting my hands dirty or a bit of hard yakka.

2. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

contamination + tiny, old crappy houses + mostly on the main road (few side streets) which is only going to get busier. I personally wouldn't go there.

On the upside, they tiny, crappy, old houses are generally on reasonable sized blocks & gradually being replaced by villa type small developments.

I would definitely go Glendale, Edgeworth, Cardiff in preference. Boolaroo also impacted big time by contamination as are parts of Speers Point. People seem to be forgetting though and the prices are going up anyway.

krispy, samiam and Propertunity like this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Seconded @serendip. Argentina was/is mostly heavy industrial land. The river & mud flats would be heavily contaminated. I'd also put in a word for Glendale.

krispy likes this.
  4. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

Park street backs onto the golf course which would be my pick of the suburb. The contamination referred to is lead from the closed Pasminco plant which was located behind the current Bunnings site. (Bunnings arrive if the demand is present) This area is currently being developed and Im sure people will forget about the past and enjoy the location. Close to lake, Speers Pt park, swimming pool. Shopping center. Train station. I noticed the Argy pub is being renovated atm also.
    How long Argy property takes to increase in value is the question?

5. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

Have they started building on the development sites in Booloroo yet. I would say once that started and people start living there it will flow on and prices towards the city will go up. It was held up with some dispute over drainage but while those blocks of land are empty its a bit of a reminder to people of what use to be there. I havent been up for a while so maybe they have started ?
    I prefer Cardiff, Glendale and the Argenton side of Edgeworth but I have a feeling flooding might be an issue there.

6. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

No houses yet.The blocks between the main road Boolaroo and lake road are finished but no houses yet. I think this may be the section that has been held up due to flooding as it is the lowest section of land within the deveopment. The main body of land is currently being worked on in the south west corner closest the Ambulance station. All work on the site seems to have slowed recently.

7. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Houses have just started being built. Currently only three blocks have turned soil.

krispy likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.