Are you loyal to one Bank ?

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 13th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

I have all my loans with CBA currently they are pretty good. Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

Next purchase might be somewhere else to maximise/extend borrowing power

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Loyal to no bank, but I do know some people do change banks due to the cash incentives being offered these days by some of the banks

3. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

When my Mum died last year i had to go into her branch to withdraw money as she had the old passbook.
    Well... All the staff knew her !!!

They were surprised she had passed away .
    Granted it was up on the Coast but even still im surprised anyone knows anyone anymore.

WattleIdo and datto like this.
  4. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I'm with NAB for everything but as I start my investment journey in a couple of months I will go where the lending is, NAB has been great for what I have needed but the general feel I get from my research is that it will become a hinderance in the long term as I try to unlock more equity in my home.

5. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

One bank cannot be good at every aspect of banking so you will need to use other banks/lending institutions that are better suited according to you requirement.

That may mean that you have several banks administering covering your business and investment needs.

6. Santaslayer

Santaslayer Well-Known Member

I'm with both CBA and Westpac and I must say I really enjoy both their apps.
    Westpac is getting better and better by the upgrade too. They recently implemented a "desktop valuation" amount by CoreLogic on each property (mortgage) you own (and owe) and they give you a ballpark number on the amount of equity they think you might have. Not life changing, but pretty cool to look at.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Loyalty and fidelity are two different beasts. @datto, your Staffy is loyal but that doesn't mean that he'll not hump your neighbour's leg after you've cut their grass ;)

Stoffo and datto like this.
  8. Titvyrak

Titvyrak Member

This feature of the Westpac app spooked me during downtown of FY18 as it wiped 500k of my net equity. Spooked so much I sold before this recent boom haha.

9. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Over 50 years with Westpac, very happy with them and use them for buying and selling shares.

Stoffo likes this.
  10. Properwin

Properwin Well-Known Member

I use a great broker and I go where I the best deal is. Have changed banks and lenders multiple times over the years.

11. qak

qak Well-Known Member

I had the same for my Dad's CBA passbook. Mind you, he had been a customer of that branch for 48 years! So I had good service from them, I used to ask for a specific teller even if she wasn't on the counter, and she'd come out from her lunch break.

WattleIdo likes this.
  12. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

I won a cash prize from the Wales bank in the Australian Mathematics competition in 1980 age 14 and have been with them ever since (now Westpac). That paid off for them.

13. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

This should have been a poll

This ^^^^ is too often how most people feel about banks/insurance these days o_O

I got burnt by by https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2GIR8tgRwYwTdj3a-OehN5 back in the day. :mad:

Ended up with the work credit union, they are now a bank affiliated with Bendigo Bank, up until the last few years I could call the director on his personal mobile for an immediate answer (these days I have to apply properly and endure the "tick a box" process :().

Not about to leave :p

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

What ever happened to Darlo boy? The CBA kidnap him ? lol

15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

JUst another way to suggest you could borrow some equity. Its like all those credit score "free" offers. Its legal spam.

qak likes this.
  16. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Ok, so now my bank (affiliated credit union) has burnt me for the last time :mad:

So am looking for a good every day account with easy online banking facilities :rolleyes:
    (Am not borrowing any time soon :p)

Any recommendations ???

17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

ING (Orange).

Planned trip o/seas in jan and I just need to buy 5 chocolate bars as 5 card eftpos payments today to trigger the no fee ATM globally and refund of the hidden 2.6% foreign exchange fee embedded in all card and ATM amounts. ING credit it back as a deposit in real time as long as you stick to bank atms (not private ones) . Last trip was $250 or so and its earned everytime you tap or spend money or withdraw. Basically means I get close to interbank exchange rates.

Biffnar and Baker like this.
  18. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Yep this. My better half has this and it made life dead easy when we went to NZ. Meanwhile I'm fussing around with recharging a travel money card.