Are Finance Brokers better than bank?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 26th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Hi, can I borrow some money?
    Yes, how much? What name would you like the bank cheque made out to?
    NAME??? I'm not giving you that personal information!!!

2. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Haha this has been an entertaining thread.

Getting a loan is far more onerous than purchasing with cash. If your not one for complexity, the best way to keep it simple is to keep paying cash.

There's obvious structuring costs to this, but there is an upside of not having as much complexity/administrative processes.

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

My favourite clients - "Please provide me with your last 3 months' transaction history". "No way, the bank doesn't need to see how I spend my money or what repayments I make". Hmmm.

Colin Rice likes this.
  4. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

Yes quite an attitude change for those not used to be asked questions.

Imagine going to the bank with cash to deposits but requesting they fill out your application form and that they disclose their current assets and liabilities position. Then you would have to grill them about their debt levels and ask how they think they will manage if rates go to 7.5%.. Then of course take 2 weeks to make a decision to lend them money or not then eventually depoist the funds 4-6 weeks later.

tobe and 158 like this.
  5. 158

158 Well-Known Member

You just gave me an idea to troll one of my mates who is a bWanker........

pinkboy

tobe likes this.
  6. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Have you seen how quickly a selling agent will get this done to make the sale?

Hodge likes this.
  7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

You joke, but this has happened to me in real life.

Our tenant moved out of our investment property in Melbourne and we needed the power left on for an extra 2 days to clean the carpet. Tenant agreed to keep the power on for some nominal sum (from memory it was $100???). My investment partner organised to transfer the money to his account if he would send us his account name and account number. Anyway, about a week later we received a very nasty text demanding that we transfer the money immediately and asking why we had not already transferred the funds. My investment partner texted back that we are unable to transfer funds without an account name and account number!!! Because the tenant doesn't give out personal information like that! l00l!

[​IMG]

tobe likes this.
  8. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member Business Member

Generally all prepared prior to the property going on the market.

9. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This ^^^^^ statement is true however you are not making the most of your position if a few necessary documents are going to cause you grief so whip out your wad of cash and dont worry about it.

This reminds me of people who come to me for advice to achieve their goals and then I give them the path way to do so and they wont do it because it goes against the advice from their mum in timbucktoo who is as broke as a badger and has no clue on finance structuring nor what there precious darling is actually trying to achieve.

10. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Mum's always have the kids best interests at heart, but her advice will always be 'are you sure you can afford that? I don't think you can afford that. It's very risky.'

This is because she knows that if the **** hits the fan, the buggers will be moving back in ;)

Colin Rice likes this.
  11. Colin Rice

Good point that haha!

I had one client who had credit file issues so had to go to a non conforming lender there fore a higher rate for a period. Uncle said not to proceed as the rate was to high and he can get a better deal through his bank.

The particular property then went on to increase in value over the next 12 months so he missed out on about 100k worth of equity cause Uncle new better.

Perthguy likes this.
  12. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

That's why we said nothing. :)

Phantom and Peter_Tersteeg like this.
  13. Perthguy

Not all mums are like that...

Colin Rice and Property Twins like this.
  14. Colin Rice

Thats so true. I have clients with the most awesome and generous parents who want to help their children get ahead and I see nothing wrong with that as long as the respect and consideration is mutual.

15. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Firstly, hilarious!

Secondly, I honestly cannot believe the effort (and long-game) some people put into trolling. Seriously gobsmacking stuff OP. This has been going on since Somersoft, right?

Serious props dude.

16. Perthguy

I was just talking to my mum. She wants to buy an old renovator in Adelaide, manage the reno and rent it out. She's already got a good painter, plumber and sparky lined up. Just needs to find the right property.

Ethan Timor likes this.