Are featured/highlighted listings worth it?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by dodobird, 30th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Also with RE.com/domain.com there is a hidden search range (this is where it takes the price from).

That is why you will see if you put a max price of 500k you will see properties advertised at 680k+ going to auction (trust me I've seen them)... Also this is where the POA/Auction tagged properties are also taken from the hidden search range (the REA inputs this info).

2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple of dodgy or misleading ads on there.
    Sent a message to the admins, it was still up there.

3. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

- Also consider that there are always some people that don't bother looking through all of the listings. The way I see it is if the standard listing gets less views and less inspections/offers as a result, then there is also a risk of achieving a lower price. The $1000 extra you might pay is a tiny fraction of the property price and should be treated as an investment to achieving the best sale price.

- There may be some statistics but there are too many variables in the selling process to determine if you will actually have a better end result. But you can see that the upgraded listings do get more views so you do increase your chances.

- Most likely yes they would be on an unlimited standard listing package, so it would be free to list using a standard ad but they can still charge you for advertising if they wanted to.
    On the realestate website the listings go from Standard > Feature > Highlight > Premier.

4. Big Will

Again old data and everyone talks about people filtering, below is an example of what happened to a dead listing and on the 1st day we used premium plus, I cant find the second week but you cannot dispute that a listing with premium plus achieved a ~300% increase in viewing the ad (clicking into it). You can tell the premium plus by the blue line.
    upload_2016-6-3_15-18-59.png

There is your data... do what you want with the information but I've seen it first hand so maybe take it with a bit more than a grain of salt.

Again you can never know with 100% if it is certain it was worth it but for me I would rather have 10-12 viewers a day than 2-4...Remember your sales funnel.

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the way to go.
    They definitely have some sneaky tricks, better to have them on your side than against you ;)

6. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

I think premium listing is definitely something you should consider! The area of your property is located in is also very important. For e.g if you have a property in The Ponds NSW for sale ad you don't use premium listing, you property will automatically go up on the 2nd-3d page. If you want your property to be seen by as many buyers as possible premium listing is important. We may look through every listing in our criteria, but the norm buyer only goes to page 2 when their interest starts to die. Yes it is good for agent branding, but that's just a bonus for the agent. Thats not the reason anyone should recommend premium listing. It is more expensive, but I just see it as an investment you are putting back into your property to hep achieve the best results for you. Why would you spend money and time getting your house ready for sale and in the end not give it the exposure it needs

wylie likes this.
  7. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

re.com to put up their prices another 10% come 1st July :rolleyes:

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Thanks for the heads up....

9. Danyool

Danyool Well-Known Member

Share price to follow?

Zod likes this.
  10. Zod

Zod Member

I've heard some real estate agents say that RE are raising by 27% 1st July not 10%.

This will definitely get passed onto the sellers...

vbplease likes this.
  11. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

27%?? ouch.. I was told my ad will cost 10% come 1st July, that's very nice of the agent to absorb the remaining 17%

12. Big Will

13. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Yes it could be different for certain areas but it could also be due to the different subscriptions/contracts agents are signed up on.

I know the 10% increase was because that was the figure specified in the contracts for the increase next financial year.