Are any of the tax professionals here members of this association?

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Propagate, 2nd Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

One for the actual practicing professionals...

Are any of you members of this association? Link below. I'm looking for some feedback on them, of any sort, like why are you with them (or not).

I don't want to say too much on a public post, but happy to explain why if you want to flick me a quick PM.

https://www.taxandsuperaustralia.com.au

Thanks.

2. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

Yes

Dont know if im a member actually but purchase their books

Best membership for tax professionals is tax institute and ntaa in my opinion

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

nope.

They seem to be a good group, but it just costs a fortune to join ever group out there. I am a member of the Taxation Institute.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

This used to be Taxpayers Australia.

Their Tax Summary book is a good plain english version of the Master Tax Guide. Its less technically detailed which reflects that the users may not all be professionals. This same view is often why many professionals may buy the book but arent necessarily members and are members elsewhere.

The $169 for the book is cheap v's MTG at $300+. The digial version used to be quite hard to use v paper but may have improved. The referencing basis they use is a little complex in some ways but also easy in others. I find the book comes with many simple tables and tip and checklists. NTAA has similar.

5. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Thanks all.

6. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

Yes i must have bought the book as this technical stuff is just hard sooo hard to grasp. Ive actually been waiting for the cartoon version of the master tax guide so i might get it.

Paul@PAS, Marg4000 and Propagate like this.