Architectural plan for extension: seeking feedback

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by noneother, 15th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noneother

noneother Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

I am considering an extension for my house and would love to hear everyone's feedback on the design and have included my own potential amendments (plans attached). The site is in a heritage conservation area.

My amendments are:
    1. Reduce the walk-in robe to make the masteroom bigger - not sure by how much to reduce?
    2. L2 bathroom bathtub/shower to be replaced with his & her showers
    3. Store room to be a proper bedroom by putting in a door
    4. Flexi-room to change to a bedroom
    5. L1 bathroom to squeeze in a shower if possible.

Attached Files:

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't reduce the WIR size. I'd rather have more storage than more room around the bed, but that's just me. You could lose it totally if you could run one long wardrobe along one of the walls (windows?). But that gives you a narrower room and creates a very long awkward bedroom.

By "his and her" showers, do you mean a double shower. You lose a bath, and some people will want a bath. This is an old chestnut. Do you make this exactly how you want it or do you renovate with an eye to possible future sale or rental, when you lose some of your market (sales or rental) by not having a bath.

Do you have to change the "attic store room" roofline to make that a legal bedroom?

What are the dimensions of the L1 bathroom (and is that the one downstairs with a laundry in it)?

noneother likes this.