Arborist report

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Excalibur1, 29th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Do you have anyone you can recommend for arborist report on two Jacaranda trees both 8m. That I want to cut down. I'm located in Sydney Northern Beaches.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@fullylucky is looking for a couple of mature specimens.

3. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

hahahah I'm more than happy for @fullylucky to take them! Provided he/she can let me know of arborist who will say its ok to do that!

4. Liam Blanden

Liam Blanden Well-Known Member

Have a look at your councils Significant Tree policy. It is usually along these lines

"A significant tree has a trunk circumference of 2.0 metres or more (measured at a point 1.0 metre above natural ground level). In the case of trees with multiple trunks, regulated trees are those with trunks having a total circumference of 2.0 metres or more and an average circumference of 625 millimetres or more (measured at a point 1.0 metre above natural ground level)."

If its within these parameters there's nothing an arborist can do unless they are a danger of falling over.

Just something you may already know but someone may find this useful :D

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Trees have been going down left right and centre around the beaches, plenty of locals are upset. May have settled a bit now, that was earlier in the year.
    So ask around the local laws or regulations have changed I believe. Plenty of blokes around with chain saws to help you out though

6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Well-Known Member

Jacksons Nature Works
    Landscaping & Landscape Design - Beverly Hills, NSW
    34 Caloola Crs, Beverly Hills NSW 2209

Phone
    0418 414 502

I used this company twice. Not very cheap fee though. We applied tree removal with his reports. First time, 3 trees got approved. 2nd time, council rejected( Hills shire).

7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

When I was last in a tree hugging council area, I had the council out & advised I wanted to remove non native and replace with small manageable native, was approved straight away, so will all depend on your council & why you are doing it.