Approved Bank Valuers

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Wade 75, 28th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Wade 75

Wade 75 Member

Hi. I have my loans with Bank of Qld and need to have one of my properties valued. The property is a block of 3 flats and the valuation fee is $1300. The bank has to accept the assigned valuer. I am able to find my own valuer but they have to be on their panel of approved valuers. Any help on property valuers that are approved by Bank of Qld would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

You need to ascertain the panel of valuers that they use from BoQ.

Big question - others lenders do not charge you for the valuation of 3 units on a single title. Is BoQ charging you the valuation fee? If so I would seriously negotiate that.

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

As Shahin has mentioned, if they're charging you it may be worth getting them absorb the cost - better in your pocket than theirs.

4. Wade 75

Wade 75 Member

I need the valuation to release a guarantor. Have not had any luck with them absorbing cost or reducing cost. The bank will not tell me anyone on their panel of lenders but can tell me yes/no if I ask. Think I will get some quotes and then call BoQ back. Would be handy if anyone out there new some of there approved values.

5. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

What's the loan amount roughly and product/rate/lvr are they offering for this release? It may be a case that you may find another lender would take this on without charging val fee's, pay a refinance rebate - if you can get a better a rate in the process it may be a no brainer.