NSW Apartments in Sydney - under 700k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Cimbom, 20th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Wow really? My colleague is looking at Parramatta as it has a partially selective class cohort but the prices for good sized housing in the area in Parramatta has already skyrocketed. ... the schools has been a factor holding Blacktown back but it sounds like that gap is being addressed....

2. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

At least double? You'd be nuts to think that Blacktown will go from 700k to $1.4m in 5 years post boom. Plenty happening but crap will hit the fan one day and Blacktown, along with Parra is where speculators are geared to their eyeballs.. I see it with my own mates... Any proof to the selective school thing actually happening? Been hearing that for a long time.. Coaching centres mean nothing.. Fairfield has 20 coaching centres lol I work in both blacktown and Fairfield btw.. Love Blacktown but it'll stop at some point and come down too.. It's already peaked and is not moving very much anymore.. Love it's location btw. M4, m7 and m2 so close

2FAST4U and Dave3214 like this.
  3. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Btw, I have no vested interest in Blacktown or Logan, but Logan surrounds reminds me so much more of blacktown than it does mt Druitt.

4. Gockie

I wont speculate too much on home prices but I think the Blacktown area has the most potential of all of Sydney atm. It's:
    1. Still affordable,
    2. Hard working migrants don't have too much issues in living there, (there's ethnic communities and Churches in the region),
    3. Its nicer than some other parts of Sydney,
    4. It has transport, hospitals and universities not too far away
    5. It's not far and a quick train ride to Parramatta, and Parramatta isn't that far from the city if you commute
    6. It's not too far from the Hills district either (which is considered a nice area and commands over 1mil price tags for less amenity),
    7. There's also local employment in Blacktown.
    8. While Sydney's gone up over the past few years, Blacktown is still fine affordability wise for a house on land.

So... I really think picking up a home on good land in the Blacktown area is a sound move.

Can you think of a better area closer into Sydney that costs less and offers more? I really can't.

Cia likes this.
  5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

My family owes you a beer for the call out.... Collectively we own about 20+ properties in Blacktown. One of my brother does not tell me how many, and I had to stalk him on Price Finder.

I think you are correct about gentrification.. now that I moved out of Blacktown, it's probably gentrifying at a faster rate :p

Cia, MTR, standtall and 2 others like this.
  6. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

I agree but syd will run out of puff and Blacktown will not perform any different to the rest of sydney cycle

7. Sea Eagles88

Sea Eagles88 Well-Known Member

WTF ?? 1.4M in Blacktown. I will choke on my corn flake if that happens

2FAST4U likes this.
  8. Gockie

I reckon it will still go up. But by how much though is anybody's guess.

9. Keith Sun

Keith Sun New Member

well, obviously it is so hard to find 2nd unit under $700K, but as I know still quite a few apartment you can opt, such as Granville - south gate to Parramatta, Asquith which close to Hornsby etc etc. Canterbury is good location too. still many options you may not know, of cause 2nd properties could be in your list.
    anyway, feel free to contact for any consulting.
    cheers:)

10. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Apparently there is going to be a hospital build and be like westmead. My mentor asks his 70 something neighbour every year if he's willing to sell

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mate....I am already choking and coughing for air with all the methane in the air.....the Northern Beaches and Sutherland are looking pretty cheap...if those ****** holes have that sort of median in this cycle......

Some seriously deluded folk......smoking fairy dust I reckon....

12. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

see, now you're starting to become a Sydneysider... we dont call it bait pricing - we call it real estate :)

13. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Rhodes was always very overpriced when it was launched... same as Wentworth Point

RetireRich101 likes this.
  14. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

And many more apartments still being build. Good luck trying to get out there in the morning and parking. I notice that there seems to be mutated flies that are 3 times bigger than normal flies, maybe it's the chemicals from nearby areas. But take heeart, there is the cheap ikea meals!

15. Moltzerman

Moltzerman Well-Known Member

You could find a nice 1 bedder in Dulwich Hill, Ashfield and Marrickville in the $600s. Or go further out in Canterbury for more modern developments.

16. Moltzerman

Moltzerman Well-Known Member

17. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

If they throw in body armour and good ear plugs.

GOU likes this.
  18. Sam Yue

Sam Yue Well-Known Member

Canberra's property market is getting momentum. If you sale it, you will lost a lot of potential CG in near future and money during buying and selling process. Better refinance the current property instead of selling it.

19. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Frankly, that is far more appealing that some dirt box in Canterbury or Summer Hill etc

I think most would do away with the car, you could get a lot of taxi or Uber rides for the cost of one car when you really need it, or a rental here or there.

20. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    I wish some of the mortgage brokers would chime in here with what people's incomes in the Blacktown area and how much the typical mortgage is (e.g is it 300k or is it more like 500k?). 600k might be 'affordable' for Sydney, but 600k is still a lot of money!!! The average gross household income is apparently around 107k a year. That's Australia so regionals and places like SA/Tas brings it down, but I'd love to know how much people in Sydney actually earn. I just can't see people being approved for $1 million+ loans in Blacktown within the next 5 years, let alone actually being able to service them long-term. If Blacktown doubled surely the median price in Sydney would also have to be at least $1.5 million...