Apartment and garden renovation. Sydney.

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 4th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

HI @jsmith88 ,

The plans aren't totally to scale and not finalised yet. The shower head will probably be a little over the 2m mark. Ceilings are approx 2.44m. Except 1 bedroom is a little lower.

The shower screen sizes aren't confirmed yet but I'll make them as wide as I can with enough room to walk into and not look weird. I may have to go custom screen for the ensuite if I can't find a suitable non custom one.

Shower mixer is on same wall as shower. Personally I dislike them on a different wall and feel it's not a huge issue. Also not an issue in terms of comparable sales. Can always get the temperature on the handrail then divert it to the head.

Cheers

Last edited: 18th Jan, 2022
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hmm we have put the tiles side by side and thought it matched well. I'll take another look and different set of eyes to see what they see. Thanks

What 'green' Subway tile matches that marble to you?

Edit: sent images to my ID and she said "in person it looks great". We did look at it side by side in person together last week and it looked good.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It's probably just a monitor thing. If you've seen the basin and 2 tiles next to each other in real life and it goes then that's all that matters.

craigc, skater, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm glad it was you who said that. :p He knows my opinion on green. :D

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Myf isn't critiquing having a 'green' color scheme though, as far as I can tell :p

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You're lucky - I like green. I'm not brave enough to do a green bathroom YET but maybe this year

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I figure there's enough 'out there' people in Sydney to like it so not too risky. Also keeping it fairly light and calm in color. The terrazzo is a nice whitish tile going on floor, towel wall, door wall and some other bits to counter 'over greenness'. I have no idea how it'll actually look until all done. Then it's no choice but love it, love it, love it!:D

Westminster likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

10. Penguin

Penguin Well-Known Member

Loving the light/calming colour scheme actually, though I haven't been as brave myself to not use whites/greys!

I've lived my whole life with double bowl kitchen sinks.
    Recently seeing more and more kitchens with single bowl sinks, and now every time I wash larger pots/pans I wonder why wouldn't more people have single bowl kitchen sinks as it seems to makes so much more sense?

wylie and Sackie like this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I will be living in it for a period of time and I require a double sink:)

Re whites and greys...I'm so sick of em myself. Also the bathrooms don't have any architectural beauty and are average in size....so I think too neutral a color scheme will make it even more boring. So we opted to be a little daring :D

Penguin likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Prefab vanity style for both bathrooms.

Screenshot_20220118-173540_Chrome.jpg

wylie likes this.
  13. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

What the heck. I have that same tile sitting in front of me. It's literally the only sample tile I have cause I liked it so much when I saw it at the tile shop (btw if you haven't visited TileCloud yet check them out, bet one I've found yet in Sydney).

Sackie I'm a sucker for green. My favorite colour. I'll share some stuff I've been saving.

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I know tile cloud well. :) yep, that's a beautiful satin green finish. The pink one is amazing too.

Now this place is next level. Check em out if you haven't.
    Di Lorenzo Tiles – Sydney Luxury Tile Supplier

15. jaybean

16. jaybean

Ok Sackie, as the only two people who like green in this entire world, here's a few I've been saving:

(note, some of these border on aqua, blueish, but whatever...)

The combination of the rattan cupboards and green on the wall...this is my favorite bathroom ever:

Relaxed Coastal Bathroom - Skennars Head - Beach Style - Bathroom - Other - by Northern Rivers Bathroom Renovations | Houzz AU

This is probably my favourite splashback...but for the life of me I can't find the supplier:

[​IMG]

OMG greeeeen:

Residence in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire - Contemporary - Staircase - Boston - by Burr & McCallum Architects | Houzz AU

Beautiful:

Residence in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire - Contemporary - Staircase - Boston - by Burr & McCallum Architects | Houzz AU

Tell me this doesn't calm the nerves:

5 Calming Paint Colour Palettes for Living Spaces and Kitchens - by Wattyl | Houzz AU

And oogle all these pics:

30 Soft Green Spaces to Soothe the Soul

Sackie likes this.
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I quite like the kitchen in the last link. Would be too polarising for the general public but I dig it!

18. jaybean

I love green kitchens.

I was also on the hunt for a subway tile that had a faded look, but I swear it's impossible. They are either physically textured (zellige style), or 100% uniform flat. I can't find a flat tile that has a faded, textured sort of look like this. Every tile shop I asked said they'd never seen something like this before:

[​IMG]

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What about this one? I quite like it.
    Screenshot_20220118-181438_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-181422_Chrome.jpg

20. jaybean

Oh dear, that could work. I'd prefer green fading to white, but black also works really well. Can you post the link? I guess the benefit of black is it goes better with black grout, which means you'll never have issues with staining...

Right now I have white "stain resistant" type grout and I can see oil embedded in it, even though I barely even fry food.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia