Apartment and garden renovation. Sydney.

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 4th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of green, so those wouldn't be my choices. I nearly gagged when I saw the bottle green, but then you've got the mint basin, so it will tie in. If those are your colour choices, I'm sure it will come up nice, but like I said, I'd never use green anywhere, not because it's distasteful, simply because I don't like it. Hubby will disagree with me & say that it's perfect, because green is his favourite colour and if he had his way, there would be green in our house.

Actually there WAS green in our house until recently as the older daughter painted her room green. It reminded me of my MIL's house. It's gone now and so is the purple from the other daughter. Both rooms are now a neutral grey, and much more to my liking.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Haha all good. It's a color pallete I've never used before but i think with the terrazzo and gold, it can work.

For the other bathroom, the theme colour is rose pink. Hehe

For the demographic and area It's in, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Also trying not to overdo the color so it won't be too polarising .

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

i think you are right. Looking at some of the upmarket homes, there does seem to be more colour starting to come into properties. It's just not to my personal taste.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Some plans. Not 100% to scale, eg the shower glass will be wider than drawn.

mb1.png

mb2.png

en1.png

en2.png

fp.png

lr.png

Last edited: 17th Jan, 2022
    Hills123 and Westminster like this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Both bathrooms appear to have an inwall/concealed cistern. Will that fit within the studs on the framed wall or will you build out a ledge in the bathroom?

I only ask because if you have a ledge in the bathroom you'll need to be careful with the shower rail. When I've used a ledge I've ended up not using a rail but a ceiling mounted shower head and then a hand held shower on the ledge with a diverter

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's the dream idea for it but the reality is it likely won't be inwall cistern. sigh. I'll see what the builder says. Space is also tight so I don't want to be reducing the width anymore either...

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

craigc likes this.
  8. Westminster

Can I make a suggestion that might freak you out?

Bear with me and I wish I had a photo but I saw a neat idea in a small kitchen once where they had an appliance stack that was dishwasher, oven above and built in microwave above that. So essentially it was a 600mm wide stack.

It did reduce the some bench but that bench would have been taken up most likely by a microwave most likely so it wasn't much of a loss and it allowed a really decent set of drawers to go under the hotplate that were wide.

Google shows me this but it's not a great example. it would be better if the dishwasher was an integrated model
    [​IMG]

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

We had that exact idea.... We ditched it because of losing the bench top space....which already isn't much....I would love to have that intergrated stack...but no way around losing the bench space. So I thought function needs to prevail here. There actually is a microwave incorporated (not integrated) in the cupboards up top. So it's out of sight when doors closed.

Westminster likes this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

11. Westminster

It's not easy working with small kitchens. I've used 45cm dishwashers in the past to free up a bit more space but not all the brands do them and they are just as expensive as 600mm

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hate it.....so many ideas are rendered useless... I'm sure it'll look nice when finished..but much prefer bigger kitchens to have fun designing:)

Ah well. Just stick to what's acceptable in the area and do the best with what you got to work with I tell myself.

Now the garden....I can go (dangerously) all out! :D

13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I am sure it will look fantastic when finished.

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed. I love seeing it all come together. I enjoy the creative side of real estate more than anything else involved.

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Some tiles used. Green ones plus terrazzo for ensuite, pink ones + terrazzo for main. Ignore grey tile in picture. Mint green basin, light plush pink basin. 'Green' bathroom with brushed brass tapware. 'Pink' bathroom with white tapware.

Screenshot_20220118-083524_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-090036_Samsung Notes.jpg

16. Westminster

It might be my computer but I'm not enjoying the different tones of green. The pinks are complementing each other but the subway tile seems too be blue on my monitor

17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hey Myf,

Is this looking any better on your screen? I don't see blue in the subway tile when looking at the actual product.

VERDI CRISTALLO GREEN, HONED MARBLE
    gm.png

pg.png

18. jsmith88

jsmith88 Member

Hi Sackie,

Thanks for posting your projects - it's really helpful. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Few things:
    - Is 1900 high enough for a shower head like that? That's less than 6'3.
    - How big are the fixed shower screens? The one in the ensuite looks quite small and may not contain the spray.
    - Are the taps located so that you can you turn the shower on without getting sprayed by cold water?

Out of interest, how high are the ceilings throughout?

Sackie likes this.
  19. Westminster

Good points. I always put my taps away from the shower head if possible so that it can be turned on without getting wet.
    My idea height for bottom of shower rose is 2m to cater for tall people washing their hair.

20. Westminster

Still looks like a bluey aqua green for me. Will be interesting when you get real samples and lay them next to each other how they look.