AON landlord insurance

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Otie, 24th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Has anybody used or would recommend AON landlord insurance?
    My PM says that they are on par if not better than Terri Sheer.
    Can anybody comment on their experience?
    Im still leaning towards Terri Sheer just as they seem so recommended on here, though I am yet to sit down and go through both of the PDS's to compare properly (am going to do this at the weekend)
    I had never heard of AON prior to the PM recommending them

2. brettc

brettc Well-Known Member

Hi Otie

As no-one has replied I will give you some information, albeit I will say up front that we (EBM RentCover) are a direct competitor of both Aon and Terri Scheer, so take it as you will, it's intended to be impartial.

Aon were the first company introducing landlord insurance in Australia I believe, EBM followed a short time after, more than 25 years ago. For many years Aon and EBM were far and away the predominant policies via real estate agents, as time has gone on they (Aon) appear to be far less prominent with EBM and Terri Scheer being the most used these days by a considerable margin I would think. To be honest, our people on the ground suggest they don't hear of them (Aon) all that often.

Last I knew they had tried introducing a couple of alternatives to their products with options etc. but we just don't hear much of them these days. I'm guessing some real estate agents must still make use of them.

I can't compare the products as we haven't really considered them for years now. As a company, Aon are certainly a very large multi-national insurance broker, landlord insurance would be a tiny part of their business.

If you have any specific questions I'm more than happy to assist if I can.

Last edited: 2nd Nov, 2016
    BarneyRubble and thatbum like this.
  3. The Russells

The Russells Member

We are just about to insure our first investment build and I discovered (via Canstar for comparisons) that Apia have a very good landlord insurance product which fortunately (as one of us turns 50 in the next year) we are able to apply for.