ANZ turn

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by CK_Invest, 24th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. CK_Invest

CK_Invest Well-Known Member

Home loan rate changes | ANZ

Rate decision - 24 March 2017
    Update on ANZ Interest Rates

ANZ today announced an update on variable home loan and business loan interest rates.

Variable interest rates for the 80% of owner-occupier borrowers who repay principal and interest on their standard variable home loan remain unchanged at 5.25% p.a.

Effective 31 March 2017, we will increase the variable interest rates for all investor home loans and ANZ Equity Manager accounts:

• ANZ Standard Variable Residential Investment Loans for investors will increase by 0.25% p.a. to 5.85% p.a.
    • ANZ Equity Manager will increase by 0.25% p.a. to 6.07% p.a.
    • For business borrowers, Business Variable Rate Indices will increase by 0.08% p.a.
    Effective 22 April 2017, we will introduce new variable rates (indices) for new lending with interest only repayments:

• ANZ Standard Variable Home Loans for owner-occupiers will increase by 0.20% p.a. to 5.45% p.a. for customer making interest only repayments
    • ANZ Standard Variable Residential Investment Loans for investors will increase by a further 0.11% p.a. to 5.96% p.a. for customers making interest only repayments
    • ANZ Simplicity PLUS Home Loans for owner occupiers will increase by 0.20% p.a. to 4.75% p.a. (excludes 0.52% p.a. special offer discount) for customers with interest only repayments
    • ANZ Simplicity PLUS Residential Investment Loans for investors will increase by 0.20% p.a. to 4.75% p.a. (excludes 0.25% p.a. special offer discount) for customers with interest only repayments
    Existing Lending with interest only repayments

From late July, indices applied to new lending will apply to existing investor and owner-occupier home loan customers who choose to repay interest-only. ANZ will be writing to existing interest-only variable home loan customers from May to provide them with advance notice of the change and the option of switching to repay principal and interest on their loan at the lower interest rate without incurring a renegotiation fee before the interest only change takes effect.

Home loan products no longer available for sale (Home Equity Loan and Money Saver) will also increase by 0.25% p.a.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Going to really separate the real investors over the wanna be investors.

Kasi likes this.
  3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I'm certainly as annoyed over this as the next guy (especially since my ANZ loans have all just ticked over to P&I this month), but realistically if people start panicking on the basis of rates at 5%+, they shouldn't be borrowing money at all.

I don't believe there'll be a crash in Melbourne or Sydney, but if there is any sort of correction, this could be a very good opportunity for smart investors.

4. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Cba just did .5% increase for investment io.

5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

6. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

I read it to be .24% for investment loans and another .26% for interest only.

Happy to be wrong.

7. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Their current interest only investment svr is 5.56%. Their announcement today changes that to 5.94%. So it is a little confusing.... perhaps they included their recent change to IO processed in march, not sure.

Reviewing the current IO p&i changes, current svr 5.56% changing to 5.8%, which tallys up.

Copy from their announcement,

Principal and Interest (P&I) interest rates for Variable Rate Home Loans will increase by 3 basis points for Owner Occupied home loans and 24 basis points for Investment home loans. The new P&I Standard Variable Rate for Owner Occupiers will be 5.25% p.a. and 5.80% p.a.for Investors.
    ► We will increase Interest Only interest rates for all Variable Rate Owner Occupied home loans by 25 basis points and Investment Home Loans by 26 basis points. The new Interest Only Standard Variable Rate for Owner Occupiers will be 5.47% p.a. and 5.94% p.a.for Investors.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Rate announcement - CommBank

So
    P&I at 5.80%
    PI at 5.94%
    Difference of 0.14% due to their recent interest increase for PI

tobe likes this.
  9. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

CBA is 0.26% + 0.12% from previous announcement.

Current SVR goes from 5.56% to 5.68% (0.12) to 5.94% (0.26).

Observer, Terry_w and Frazz like this.
  10. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

Absolutely. Rate rises are just part of the market. The amount of people crying thief at the banks (outside of this forum) makes me shake my head, as if they thought rates would never rise, ever.

Perthguy and DaveyB like this.
  11. jim1964

jim1964 1941

ANZ has really ****** me off with this, their break free package is really dear as well.grrrrrrrr. The Reserve Bank Of Australia may as well not have rate meetings, a complete waste of Fckn time, the banks do what they want.

12. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Omg sick of this same uninformed comment, sounds like something from news.com.au

13. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Unimformed huh???

14. Toilandtrouble

Toilandtrouble Well-Known Member

Well a lot of the money they lend was just made more expensive by the US rate rise. Add in the 10% lending limit, CEOs facing inquiries and it makes sense. The increases to OO on P&I is a bit cheeky though.

15. Obsidian

Obsidian Well-Known Member

With more to come I expect. Think we will see the next lot of rate rises in around June (July?), after the May federal budget. Think this year the banks will add another 0.25 - 0.4% further, at least.
    Excellent:D. Good to see.

16. Toilandtrouble

Toilandtrouble Well-Known Member

I expect they will just follow US interest rate rises.

17. Obsidian

Obsidian Well-Known Member

Yeah, could do. So the US is expected to rise twice more this year (2*0.25%), so then we could see the banks a further 0.5% higher on investor IO (maybe less on others OO, etc).
    Whatever the percentage, expect more banks rises.

18. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Plenty of educated posters on here have explained this a hundred times over

Ghoti likes this.
  19. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Have a couple coming off IO next month. This is going to make an extension a whole lot harder :(

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Money aint getting any cheaper, US interest rates are on the rise and this certainly impact on Oz property market, a big game changer for 2017