Anyone watch Aussie Property Flippers last night?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Dan Donoghue, 27th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Cherie barber is flogging the show via FB as they have done her courses! CB sneak advertorial??

Brian84 likes this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Does the older couple but all their furnishings? ? They look cheap and wadi to much **** it looks cluttered

3. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

Yeah I really had to laugh when they didn't measure the opening/size of the lift, I have seen that on numerous occasions

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Angel13

Angel13 Well-Known Member

Chris and Kath balance each other. Her design ideas and fantastic styling gets them the extra prices. Her styling is one of the best I've seen.

I wonder if they have all their own staging furniture stored somewhere or if she hires it.

Brian84 likes this.
  5. Angel13

Angel13 Well-Known Member

You can catch up on the first episode on the 7Plus app.

6. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I think she buys all their furniture for each flip because one of their houses they just sold on the show Kath said they sold the house and the buyer offered to buy all the furniture which was a bonus, so she probably made money off the furniture as well.

Angel13 likes this.
  7. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I did see somewhere that is was purchased in February 2016 and sold in September 2016. It was data from on the house.

8. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

If referring to my post it was the Frankston Sth one

Brian84 likes this.
  9. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

I'm definitely hooked on the show, I like that there's not too much stuffing around, 1 hour show and 2 houses/appartments finished no dragging it out until next week.
    There's always question marks about the numbers, especially with the timelines (they obviously don't include time until settlement)

But I really hope there is a few episodes where people don't make money or get stuck with a house they can't sell so people don't think it's an easy way to make $100k+
    The last thing I want is more competition for run down houses haha

Tanya1335 and Perthguy like this.
  10. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Great episode the other night.. the Melbourne couple did an amazing job with the Fawkner reno. Buying for $300 and selling for $540 is a massive jump.. Did they buy way under value? It’s hard to believe a 3 bedroom villa with large front courtyard could sell for $300 even unrenovated?

It goes to show you shouldn’t rely on your Builder’s judgement for interior design.. matt black cabinetry, although bold, is very in trend at the moment.. the builder probably has his head stuck in the 90’s with high gloss white cabinets :rolleyes:

Perthguy likes this.
  11. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Yeah they did well.

I was questioning the Brissy girl Kate, things just didn't add up. In one sentence she's saying has made 300k over last couple of years in flips...next sentence she says budget for reno is 10k and has run out of money having to get her friends to help out and call suppliers for free tiles. She already owned the property for 4 years (hardly a flip) so where did all the money go?

12. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed it also, but, as DRG says, it is hardly flipped if you have owned it years is it? I thought the Fawkner villa looked amazing!!!!!

db9 likes this.
  13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Smashed avo and trips to Europe? ;) :)

14. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I think Kate has got a serious case of tight ***.. that, and she most likely has that equity locked up in other purchases. I don't think her friends were overly enthused about helping when they know she is tight and has a few other properties.

WattleIdo likes this.
  15. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

That was my first thought haha

Perthguy likes this.
  16. db9

db9 Well-Known Member

Haha is her name really Kate? The property is 2/35 Kate Street!

Perthguy likes this.
  17. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I looked up the sale history-purchased August 2015, sold Sept 2016, which really is the only smart way so you get the CGT discount. I was impressed with their work, but have to wonder how much the value actually increased from the Reno, and how much was organic growth.

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe she expected friends to work for free on something she planned to profit from. The kitchen looked pretty crap imo. I think she could have just painted the roof and furnished the house and still had the same outcome.

Danyool, vbplease and WattleIdo like this.
  19. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I'm sure all the tradies were totally charmed by her intro-spiel about being on a tight budget, too! :rolleyes: How not to begin a transaction.

Last edited: 20th May, 2017
    vbplease likes this.
  20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

A good pair - one good with the boys and heavy lifting, the other a true entrepreneur. I wonder how the young couple felt when they saw the way they were squeezed. I think that Fawkner couple needed the money badly not least because of their failure to dial before you dig!

Last edited: 20th May, 2017
    Danyool and vbplease like this.