Anyone used QBCC early dispute resolution ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Nene, 10th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nene

Nene New Member

Hi all, first time posting here !

I was wondering if anyone can share their experiences of using EDA ?

I'm building a house in Qld and discovered our builder installed wrong size tiles.

After meeting with builder today, found out they don't even offer standard range in size 60 x 60 which is stated in the contract " All tiles to be 60x60 from standard range".

At the selection day we were shown his standard range tiles and we've picked one unknowingly that doesn't come in 60, only 45x45

Their argument is we've picked the tiles.
    (Though there were no communications that his range don't come in the size we wanted nor the tiles we've selected comes only in 45) therefore they are refusing to rip them up and reinstall at their cost or compensation.

I'm hoping to reach an agreement to remedy this issue and get back on track ASAP but struggling to point out that they are in the wrong.

So my question is :
    How long did it take to resolve your issue using QBCC ?

I'm not sure if this is under detected work, maybe more of breach of contract ? Do you think QBCC can resolve this matter or should I go to fair trade ?

Or any strategy advice would be very appreciated !!

My best outcome would be
    We reselect the right tiles and they install at their cost
    Or we get reasonable compensation and keep the tiles as is.

Thank you so much for reading this !

2. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

Try talking to the Building supervisors boss. (Construction managers)

3. Nene

Nene New Member

He is the owner. It's a small company, we have on site manager but never dealt with him.

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Ok so your larger tiles cost more to lay. So it's $0. You specified the tile. Try telling them the paint colour was wrong when you said dulux canary yellow

Last edited: 14th Apr, 2020