Anyone used Property Education program by PK Gupta?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by DanUM, 21st Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

No such data exists. I repeat no such data exists. Even if it did, nobody knows the ‘magic formula’ to predict ‘future success’ of a given suburb.

Even in the world of stocks where possibly hundreds of times more data exists, nobody has come up with a predictive model that reliably beats the market using just data.

There is so much more to property buying than just picking suburbs and you just can’t pick suburbs based off very limited time lagged real estate data we have in Australia.

Jacque, skater, PeterCr and 6 others like this.
  2. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

I've been professionally teaching others for 5 years and starting doing it full time in 2020 - link to my LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/pk-gupta-property/ - (before that I was the Head of Strategy at Virgin Australia, Senior Manager at Deloitte Consulting, and Analyst at JPMorgan).

When I first started years ago I thought most of my clients would be first time property investors, turns out most of them these days are also those who have 1-2 properties but bought through Buyers Agents or Property Investment Company's (read: House & Land Packages etc) and they have under-performed and been mistakes, so now they want to learn to do it right, themselves.

I only hire clients as employees, those I have built solid relationships with and that have built solid portfolio's themselves using my methods. So actually I have multiple reviews by employees, left on Google / Facebook etc when they were clients.

DevD, PinkPanther and Hills123 like this.
  3. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Hey PK,
    I have watched quite a few of your YouTube videos now since the start of this post.
    Lots of very useful non-BS talks.
    Keep doing what you are doing.

PS: I don't know PK at all if anyone ever have the slightest inclination to think about it.

PK Gupta, PinkPanther and Hills123 like this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

PK word of advice....a lot of the people on here will attack you because they have been brainwashed.

I don't agree with your view on House and Land....also...but do I knock what ya do. Live and let live....one of the reason there are a lot of personal attacks because a lot of BAs getting paid 15k a pop are threatened. And a lot of people have either an angle or set in their ways. You course does have some merits...but more for newbies...I personally do not think data can predict new areas which explode...but we can agree to disagree.

Keep doing what you are going...and I will do what I am doin'

Your business model is good for newbies.... 6k is not bad...don't worry about haters just get on with it.

By the way...we talked once about St Leonards VIC H&L whilst you were in Strategy at Virgin. We agreed to disagree....but have a look at St Leonards.

Best of luck in your endeavours.....not everything you do is bad...thought I don't agree with what you say...as some of these I have made money from. ;)

Redom, Patel, Nando Lee and 2 others like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

so what was the skill set for those that got into daggy western suburbs, Mt Druitt?? at the bottom….. just curious…. Was it luck, or did they know more than the average bear??? Just saying

6. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Ok then mate thanks for the insight. with regard to picking the suburb/city or state, how would you identify that. My predicament at the moment is do I buy in Perth, North QLD or outer Brisbane. I bought In Adelaide and Perth last year so looking to go 2 this year around the 300 to 350k mark

7. Victor NSW

Victor NSW Member

I watched a few of his videos. Seems a decent guy, but charging a fortune for what can just be googled and calculated in Excel.

If Zoning is a concern - each state has a free mapping server where you can check the exact rules and restrictions of what you can build. They sometimes even tell you when the nearby bushland will be rezoned and released for residential developments (if you are concerned of oversupply). For NSW it is ePlanning Spatial Viewer please google other states if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Jan, 2022
    Pace and TurtleRacer like this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

So you want him to give his knowledge for free huh?;)

PK Gupta likes this.
  9. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Pick a growth driver (schools, new infrastructure, transport, proximity to city center) - e.g. best school catchment you can get in to within your budget or the closest suburb to city within your budget.

Try to find fastest growing suburbs in your city of interest and identify any next door suburbs still in your budget. I identified Camp Hill as cheaper next door alternative to Coorparoo and it didn’t disappoint.

Or combine multiple factors together - what’s the best in terms of proximity to CBD and good schools and you will have your answer!

Last edited: 4th Jan, 2022
    Investor1111 likes this.
  10. Victor NSW

Victor NSW Member

What is 'his knowledge'? You describe it like he knows all the secrets of life and how to cure cancer. He speaks about all the same things as everybody else, like don't buy in oversupply areas, don't buy house and land packages and apartments, maybe don't buy where there are too many renters or too much of social housing, etc. ABS and Google has all that data.

TurtleRacer likes this.
  11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I have no idea mate.....did not it was good nor bad.

But in this world....you either develop the knowledge or buy it...or a combination of both. Dems the choices.....

PinkPanther and Emilyemily like this.
  12. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

Not sure there is much to give away that isn't already free ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm not saying that at all. I'm sure some people will find value in his course.

I find it off putting that he's charging that much per course whilst slamming BAs for their fees. Especially when he has a much better end of the stick than BAs business model wise. But he sells it as if he's our hero and saviour. Plus there are a lot of cheaper courses. Property Couch course is only around $500.

He spins it as saving future BA costs, so you don't have to use one every purchase. Whilst that's true, majority of mum and dad investors only have 1 or 2 IPs anyway... Stats show this. I'm sure most of his clients would fall into this category. In that case he's really not that much different to a BA, except you do most of the work yourself.

Plus if you use a BA, you need to know how to vet the deals anyway. Maybe he should include that in his sales pitch

TurtleRacer likes this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

OK ...so please tells us what you have done?

No supporting the bloke but he seems to have bought 10 over the years. He also developed and has very little debt.

You?

14. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I know better, and I'm not saying he isn't knowledge. There's also plenty of BAs who have bought for over 10 years and has little debt. Who's to say one is better than the other? I'm saying how he goes about selling is off putting. But that's just my personal impression. Not saying he isn't knowledgeable.

TurtleRacer likes this.
  15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Tell ya what.....get amongst it...talk is cheap....buy something in Perth..say Rockingham an you will be right...no data is required...though PKs clients are knocking themselves out buying there...;)

16. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Some luck, some skill often both. For many they're the only affordable places.

Eg
    https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline

2009: 276k
    2021: 751k
    After 11 yrs 2.72x price

Of course that's just bogantown and ship chip property....

Well ok...North Sydney house
    https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline

2009: 1250k
    2021: 2960k

The multiple is 2.37. If the multiple was the same it would be 3400k
    And this one has had a lot more money spent on it.

This is why investors out in the stix on average beat those in the city.
    Experts harking on about blue chip trying to appear of smart are clueless and have no idea.
    But they have nice ads in the magazines they pay for, so they must be experts.

And the kicker? You can build a granny flat on the old crappy ship chip property.
    More CG, better rent return, less expenses and less taxes.
    And you could've bought 4 of them.

The other kicker is that properties sold at the similar prices now have a block of units on them.
    Even after rezoned they were hard to sell lol.

kacheek and MTR like this.
  17. Sanka

Sanka Well-Known Member

In my view this is more a positive than a negative. My guess: He was probably too busy to focus on reviews etc earlier on and most of his business was probably driven by word of mouth anyway which is the backbone of most successful small biz startups. When he does want people to speak up then he has probably sent 1 message which has caused this sudden activity. Have never spoken to PK or looked at his course. This is purely my view in relation to reviews comments and their interpretation.

PK Gupta likes this.
  18. PinkPanther

PinkPanther Well-Known Member

It is interesting to see that @HonestShiba and @Victor NSW are critical of this guy without any first hand experience of what he is actually offering.

I am not affiliated to PK in any way and nor am I his client but I have seen some of his videos and they are quite decent with good (and free) insights. He seems to have good reviews too.

Being harsh on someone just because you feel so or because your "personal impression" was not good doesn't really have any credibility. If everyone could just "Google" stuff, then all the BAs, companies offering property courses should be out of business lol.

DevD, Rekke, PK Gupta and 2 others like this.
  19. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I reckon he did buy 10. He also stated having a 7 figure household income.
    If you were in your 30s with a 7 figure income how many would you have bought?
    Maybe his course should be on how to get a high income.

For a long term investor their isn't all that much that is new in real estate investing.
    There are however lots of vendors that will take an old concept, give a new name and tell everyone they found the secret sauce. A new method and strategy.

I wonder how they did it before google and all the course vendors. :confused:

skater likes this.
  20. devank

devank Well-Known Member

7 figure starts from $1 million! I haven't followed this thread, but that can't be correct, if that is from two wages.
    I did watch one of his YouTube MTR shared. Very informative.

PK Gupta and MTR like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia