Anyone used Property Education program by PK Gupta?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by DanUM, 21st Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Hi PK

I was just randomly looking at youtube and came across you and your info on Perth market…..and even on PC

I am a long time investor from Perth but have also invested in other States in Oz and o/seas

I was very impressed with your knowledge on Perth backed up with stats.

Many investors fear Perth, because they do not understand this market and there is also lots of misinformation.

I agree with you in terms of where Perth market is heading as we are already experiencing an upward/booming market.

PK Gupta likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For those interested, this is excellent
    Timed out on my last post

Nobody, Mavio and PK Gupta like this.
  3. AnasWestie

AnasWestie Well-Known Member

I have been part of PK's facebook group for sometime and also had listened to many of his videos. Intially I was skeptical myself, but by far the guy has the best property related contributions "for free" concerning the Australian market. His videos always contain solid data and evidence based rather than just void speculations. Furthermore, a mate of mine has done his course few months ago and gave me a synopsis of what the course contains, it summarises in details what every new investor needs to know, it took me years of research to understand property metrics and how to associate it them with liklihood of potential growth. Had I done PK's course with my first property investment 2 years ago, I would have had about 400k of CG with my first one as opposed to 250k so that is 150k extra profit for some education that cost 6k.
    We all have to be skeptical but I think negativity and cynicism towards bloke without having watched his videos is unfair. He provides decent insights and so much free tips and materials. Unless people expect him to give everything out for free! Well if you want free things then put the time and effort to research them which can take you few years.

If you thinking oh this guy probably just chipping in for him, nope, search my name, I have contributed here a lot, and I am just being very fair to the guy who shares by far best free material in the Australian property game.

Anas

Stockastics, digler, Redom and 8 others like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thx for sharing

Sadly, we see this too often of this forum

I hope he comes back

AnasWestie and PK Gupta like this.
  5. BinBash

BinBash Member

Hello Everyone,

Listen to something directly from the horse's mouth :). I am also a client of PK i.e. I took his course and followed the same to buy two properties in under one month, both of them are positive cashflows, have got some equity growth and are in main cities (Perth and Brisbane). I was initially very sceptical and honestly, I thought at the worst I will lose a couple of thousand dollars, which now in hindsight it has been my best investment ever.

I live in Sydney, and to be very honest, never in my wildest dreams, I thought I would buy an interstate property without even seeing it. But after the six weeks course, I was quite confident in what I was doing. The course is indeed very well articulated and keeps you interested throughout. I can now imagine how much effort has PK and his team has put together. If you are like me and thinking to make a plunge, I can assure you that you will not repent.

Other things I did before reaching out to PK
    - reached out to a number of people/companies who promise you dual incomes and paints a very rosy picture in front of you. Be aware, they are trying to sell you something which gives them high commissions. I am not saying all of them are alike but I'd say most of them are. They are there to make a profit because they don't charge you for their services, so obviously there is a vested interest there. At one instance, a known investment company was trying to sell me an H&L package for more than 80K of the advertised price. When I questioned them, they kept mum.
    - talked to a couple of friends and see what they were doing, still wasn't confident to put my hard-earned money

What I going to do (Thank God, I didn't)
    I had alked to a few buyer's agents and had almost settled on someone who was charging me $16500 (all inclusive) per property. I would have bought a $750K property, with roughly around $550/week rent.
    One of my close friends did buy a property through a buyers agent and he was happy but he had shelled out $16K as his fees. I sat with him and saw what he did differently than me (after buying a property following PKs course), I felt so good after meeting him. I had done a lot more research and had gained much more knowledge.
    Buyers agents are good but they come with a price tag that is directly proportional to the number of properties you buy. For example, if I went with a buyer agent, I would have shelled out $31K (geez) for two properties. PKs course is a LOOOTTT cheaper and informative. And above all, you have lifetime access to his content, his private community and weekly mentorship lessons.

I am super happy and contented with my results, I was able to shortlist and buy two properties within eight weeks of buying his course. It is indeed an amazing feeling after losing the 75K market value of my PPOR in Sydney. Yes, you read it right, my unit has gone down by 75K.

To sum up, I can honestly say that if it wasn't PKs course, I would not have jumped the fence and kept sitting like a lot of other people OR have paid a huge amount to buyers agents which is still good if you have money and not much time in hand.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

where did you buy in Perth, care to share??

7. swaugh

swaugh Active Member

Congrats on your recent IP purchases! :)

Just curious to understand what additionally the course has to offer, to Jeremy Sheppard's DSR plus, which helps to select the right suburb based on ~30 factors (Demand to Supply Ratio - Plus (DSR+)) quantitatively and some free information available online on the qualitative aspects (eg. YT videos, microburbs etc.)

I ask because I have a similar story as yours in terms of recent IP purchases (freestanding houses with a good land component) in a short period of time that have good rental yield and have grown well in the short term (touch wood!). I had zero knowledge about investing in property when I started and took 2 months to do some research.

I don't know the fee for the course you undertook, but I subscribed to DSR plus with a monthly fee of ~$250. I used the suburb selection system to shortlist the suburbs (manual below). This helped me immensely and I did a further deep dive on the top 2-3 suburbs I shortlisted.

Researching My Next Purchase - Select Residential Property

I then watched 'On Property' YT videos to educate myself on
    (1) selecting the right property and location in a suburb (REA inputs and microburbs helped here too)
    (2) building relationships with agents for upcoming listings and off market deals
    (3) contacting property managers to help with inspections and rental appraisals etc.
    (4) choosing the right mortgage broker
    (5) structuring the Home Loan

Of course, all this was DIY and had to spend a couple of hours each week to purchase, but my investment was $250 and some time each week for a few months. Does the course give you access to a buyer's agent or a skilled professional who does some of these things on your behalf?

Cheers!

8. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

Here you go. Phil Tarrant from the Smart Property Investment Investment Show invited me on to talk about my portfolio including suburbs, values, debt, mistakes, successes etc... so hopefully this helps everyone. I hope it serves to inspire folks, in the same way my wife and I have been inspired by so many other investor stories.

Redom, DevD, Nando Lee and 1 other person like this.
  9. PK Gupta

In terms of timing, which I think is your question. My wife and I were on high incomes (which helped borrowing power) and worked very hard. This video below unpacks how we did it quickly but at the same time hopefully educates aspiring property investors to understand that property investing is not an overnight thing nor should they think that it doesn't require a good and steady income.

To answer a couple questions from others on whether you really need a course? There are essentially three ways to invest in property:
    1) do it yourself through free sources - I recommend you try this first (after all, it's free!). Very possible.
    2) do it through a course/ mentorship - second cheapest, if you have a desire to really learn deeply and systematically and lack confidence or don't want trial & error
    3) outsource to a Buyers Agent or Property Investment Company for each property purchase - most expensive and you could say it gives the "responsibility" of your financial future to others but "easiest" in terms of effort

Each have their pros & cons. And there is no right answer. Different strokes for different folks.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But when you give financial responsibility to others its not very smart way to go.

BA will have a bias, for example Michael Y BA prefer to buy blue chip only. Good luck with this one. I prefer to identify value and suburbs that are moving, and it may not be blue chip. As long as i can make money I dont care

My point is how important it is to understand markets and product. Relying on BA has its own set of risk

11. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Welcome PK to the forum. :)
    I have view a few of your YouTube videos.
    Down to the point and very informative.
    Don't mind some poster as there are a few old furniture and have a body groove been imprinted on the sofa. They are weary of new claim property guru especially from YouTube.

MTR and PK Gupta like this.
  12. PK Gupta

Thanks! Although I'm not planning to be active here, just didn't want to be put in a "box". I think everyone should be sceptical, ESPECIALLY, of "some guy" from YouTube or Facebook :)

Everyone seems to be an expert on property in Australia, so I can appreciate their thoughts.

Best way is to let both personal and client results do the talking and make friends along the way.

MTR and Gen-Y like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Lol
    Is this me too:p

I like PK, his excellent. We need more young blood here…… too many dinosaurs, me included

AnasWestie and PK Gupta like this.
  14. PK Gupta

Feeling the love. Thank you.

MTR likes this.
  15. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

No you are my favorite old furniture. :D
    We definitely need some new young blood and I do welcome a robust views on how to invest in properties.
    I am still learning and open to ideas. Especially a data driven one. But I need to break out of my model of sticking with inner rings and major cities. Need to lift that blinkers of my mind.

PK Gupta, Nando Lee and MTR like this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

LOL
    I totally agree with you

We have had a few join PC and like PK given the same treatment. I personally find it very disappointing.

I was referring to Scott he was very interesting, no longer posts.
    Into commercial properties

Author Scott O'Neill - Smart Property Investment

PK Gupta likes this.
  17. Rowl

Rowl New Member

I encountered this thread when I was researching for PK's course.
    I have no idea how to invest in property nor buy a PPR.
    I am looking for answers but this thread doesn't have any feedback at that time.

So my options are
    1. Do it myself
    - I created an account here to research property so my account is fairly new.
    - Research everything which will take time and most probably make mistakes along the way which will cost me money.
    - Cheap in the beginning but will be costly in the long run

2. Do it with Buyers Agent
    - I need to pay them every time I will buy a property which is very costly. Definitely not my option.

3. Take the course
    - Cost me a few thousand dollars but I will gain knowledge fast and help me avoid the common mistakes when buying property.

4. YOLO
    - Just buy whatever is available without research and hope for the best. Definitely not my option.

So it's either I'll go with option 1 or option 3.
    I am not young anymore, I am a migrant here in Australia and I need to be in the property game soon, else my age will catch up with me and it won't be favorable for banks to lend me money.
    So I took a leap of faith and choose option 3.

I learned a lot in the course. (week 1 - week 6)
    In my opinion, week 2 and mentorship are already worth it for the whole price of the course for a beginner like me.
    I bought my first IP after 2 months I bought the course and I wouldn't be able to do that if I researched it all by myself.

This might not be the course for experts here in Property Chat but for a noob like me, it's totally worth it.
    That's my experience and hopefully, this will be helpful to someone who is like me a few months ago when I was researching PK's course.

sachin33, PinkPanther and PK Gupta like this.
  18. Jem1989

Jem1989 Well-Known Member

I have been watching PK's free videos and it has helped me avoid a lot of mistakes when I searched and bought my first IP a few months back.

There's so much value in his free videos it made me decide to enroll in his course and I must say it is well worth it. The course content is very well structured and easy to understand. I think it will take me 10 years or more of trolling PropertyChat forum and asking people and making mistakes along the way before I learn everything that is in the course.
    The only mistake I made is I didn't enroll sooner, and before I bought my first IP!

Initially I was hesitant to enroll and this thread contributed to why I held off in enrolling in his course but I am happy I bit the bullet. I am now looking at buying my 2nd IP and I have more confidence and structure in my search.

One thing I must say the course is not cheap, but I think it is actually under-priced for what it offers.

PK Gupta likes this.
  19. Afty

Afty Member

I came across this post and couldn't hold myself. So heres my 2cents on PK Gupta

I have been long time member of this forum and have found so much value with the posts. But I never gained that confidence to invest in property due to past experience and fear of making a blunder. I purchased my 1st property through BA in 2011. Location - Caboolture house and land. I could have bought anywhere in 100km around Sydney and would have 3x investment. It was a big dent in my pocket. In past 10 years I dealt with so many BAs and property experts in hope of starting my property journey but was never able to build the up trust. During lockdowns Oct 2020 I came across Pk's video. I found them very unique.
    This year July 2021 I decided to take leap of faith and enrolled in PK's course Property Investment Accelerator. I was blown away by the content and its delivery. The course is well structured into 6 modules(Weeks) and there is nothing like it in the market. It has allowed to me to gain deep understanding of data methodically eliminating any ambiguity. This course has also enabled me to create a team which is critical when it comes to property investing. The whole system of borderless property investing without needing a buyers agent is a dream come true. This course and Pks support(through weekly mentorship calls and emails) gave me that needed boost to create and execute a strategy to secure a investment property confidently.
    Property settled in November 2021 - NSW. Price $400k rent $420 pw. I cant wait to repeat the same strategy buy another one hopefully starting of next year. I wish I had come across this course in 2011
    I would highly recommend his course to anyone who is interested in property investing whether starting out or a seasoned investor.

PK Gupta likes this.
  20. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Interesting videos, def some good info.
    Personally I don't think some complicated formula to find where property gorwth will be, is needed or necessary. When prices have moved up for just about everything, any formula or technique works.

The ice age is not here yet :rolleyes:

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia