Anyone used Property Education program by PK Gupta?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by DanUM, 21st Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Hi all,

I'm new to property investing and I have been checking property education programs recently (never registered for any thing). I have recently saw this guy - PK Gupta- Facebook group where he has over 3k members and posts seem to be legit. It mentions he runs 6 week property education program.

Has anyone enrolled and learnt from his program. Appreciate any advice/ input.

Thanks in advance.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

And you know it is 'legit' based on........?

DanUM likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

If you know enough to know if it's legit, I'd suggest you know enough to do it all yourself :D

Guy_Lander, jai collier, jbv and 7 others like this.
  4. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Sorry - "seems legit" was purely based on not being able to find any bad reviews. I agreed it is a vague comment. But I just wanted to see of anyone here have actually used this service.

Thanks

Yousef likes this.
  5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

It might take years for a crap deal to look like one (e.g. when rental guarantees expire, when people try to refinance or sell). Newbies rave about how they can use their ppor to fund multiple deposits and buy millions in property, are ignorant of the risks they are told they might not see gains for years because property is a 'long term investment'. If it doesnt work as well as promised, theyll just be told to hold on or they just didnt act out 'the plan' properly.

Its unlikely you will find anyone here who has used them. These are loads of these out there. And people here tend NOT to outsource strategy.

Learn to evaluate this yourself. If you cant, dont use them. If you can, you could do the strategy part yourself. You might get 'testimonials' from people, but this isnt worth much from equally clueless newbies.

Paying for a buyers agent (or mortgage broker, or solicitor) is not the same as relying on someone else for strategy.

If you are still thinking about these 'courses' or whatever they call them, read everyone on this forum for 3 months first. Then look at it again.

Last edited: 21st Sep, 2020
  6. Joeisagun

Joeisagun Well-Known Member

The property couch course is like $300-500 and is v good and you can listen to their podcasts for free

jai collier, jbv, Mavio and 1 other person like this.
  7. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

T
    Thanks. Could please state what new infomation was included in the course which are unavailable in free Web materials / real estate books?

8. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Thanks so much the detailed explanation. Highly appreciate.

jai collier likes this.
  9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

If it's just an education course, and you learn something that'll save you money - great. Do it.

Property investors are far to slow to pay for (quality) education, especially when they're throwing their life savings at the subsequent purchase. Doesn't make sense.

The problem is often that the person doing the strategy has a 'pet' strategy that worked for them, in their situation, but is highly unlikely to work for you in yours....because you're different.

Plus...they often help you implement their strategy and get paid to do so...which means they have a vested interest in you doing their strategy regardless of if it's a good fit or not.

10. Joeisagun

Not much, more just how you prefer to learn. Course is more interactive

11. jane_c

jane_c Active Member

I'm part of PK's FB group - he seems like a genuine guy. He's purely into self education and generally not a fan of buyers agents. The group has been running for a while and I think he's taken ownership in the last 12 months or so. Nice guy, but I think a few of his strategies ie rentvesting as opposed to owning a PPR have upset a few of the experienced investors and they seem to have left his group. But I would also be interested to hear if anyone else has completed his course, as I've also considered it.

12. fols

fols Well-Known Member

That's cool, but being a genuine/ nice guy and being a highly skilled, experienced, industry accredited property investment advisor/ educator can be two very different things.

jai collier and Beano like this.
  13. jane_c

jane_c Active Member

Totally agree. I'm not recommending his course, just providing some feedback.

fols likes this.
  14. Jess Peletier

See this is the problem...rentvesting is 'a' strategy, and it's great for some people. But NOT for everyone...

And if people aren't willing to accept that property success can come in all shapes and sizes, it's going to limit their clients and push them into something that may not be the perfect fit.

Does the course have a money back guarantee? If it does, there's literally nothing to lose.

jai collier, jbv and fols like this.
  15. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies and advice. After going through his videos and comments on his FB group I have decided not to pursue the course. During his videos and the chat I had with him, there were no explanation on any specific strategy (e.g. how the best suburbs are decided) other than the general vague factors and statements. I did not feel its worth to spend about 5k on this course where you can read very good books at your own pace and also do your own research on web. There were many posts by PK and a few people who congratulating the new enrolments in the group, which created the atmosphere to believe it was a great deal - but no feedback from a person who actually benefitted with real information.

Btw, no money back guarantee as well.

Thanks.

jbv, Nanjie and street-smart like this.
  16. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Except that some providers have been known to offer a money back guarantee to get people in the door (it's a great marketing tool), but then go to great lengths to avoid paying when people try to make a claim and request their money back.

PK Gupta and Switchtronics like this.
  17. Joeisagun

With a NDA if you manage to get your cash back

18. Jess Peletier

Yah - well that's just crap service, I guess. And lying...

Simon Hampel likes this.
  19. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

Hi @Trainee , thanks for your thoughts. PK here! :)

Just want to comment on some good points you have made here. I am dead against rental guarantees. I have not myself nor condone leverage the PPR for some "long term" gains. I'm all about short term results and accountability.

Regarding strategy, this is a process not an event and can't necessarily be outsources as you say. My clients work with me, the mortgage broker and of course themselves to devise the right strategy for them - no cookie cutter formula's here.

Yes course aren't for everyone, and also at the same time, they also benefit a lot of people. I've seen that myself so often I can be confident.

Thanks again!

Robert Callanan, Mavio and ashish1137 like this.
  20. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

These guys are excellent! And very good for basic knowledge and info on how not to make obvious mistakes!