NSW Anyone still actively looking to buy in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JMica, 24th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

Why make things difficult when you can invest in a 2 yr USD bond returning 5%?

2. sumterrence

It is interesting to see similar comments being made in 2015 are now being repeated in 2017.

I have to admit I have the same mentality back in 2015 and think this is absolutely insane and should come to an ugly end.

Between 2015 to 2017 I have spent more time travelling interstate to inspect properties, and ironically, I don't think Sydney will go down or mind I say this, it won't go down at all.

Sydney is such a populated city that no other city can compare, Melbourn is no where close.

Demographics are way more superior amongst any other city.

While I've been buying in qld and I still believe there are more money to be made in qld and adelaide, I'm dare to say stop dreaming about Syd prices coming to an end, the best you will see is a flat line, but by the time you see the flat line it's already another 5 to 10% increase from when you're spectating.

3. radson

radson Well-Known Member

But the population growth by percentage and absolute is much higher in Melbourne than Sydney

4. sumterrence

You are right, but from memory (you might want to Google to confirm) that Syd GDP output is far greater than Melbourn. And while Syd is being the hub of almost everything, it's too big to failed.

On a side note, I personally love brisbane CBD, and have been planning to move there one day. But if we are purely having a money talk, Syd is the monopoly in the whole of Australia.

5. OO1

OO1 Well-Known Member

From my observations when I visit I am always amazed by the number of blue collar / EBA type employees you see around compared to Sydney. Also almost every business I deal with that is involved in manufacturing, importation and distribution is located in Melbourne. I was there once and there was almost no traffic and a friend said it was a RDO day or something which was odd I thought.

Does this pose a bigger risk over Sydney around job losses due to automation? And yes white collar roles will eventually face the same fate but most of the proposals I have seen to date revolve around EBA / blue collar type roles to date, truck drivers, forklift drivers, stock handlers etc.