Entertainment & Music Anyone Seen Any Good Movies Lately?..

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by willair, 27th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sorry if I have copied someone post from the other site,but saw Terminator Genisys with Arnold Schwarzenegger very good movie from start to finish..

Waiting for Last Taxi to Darwin, about a loner who does not have long to live..Michael Keaton,Jacki Weaver that looks good also and directed by Jeremy Sims..

2. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I thought Genisys was excellent. But I'm a pretty big fan. After watching that, I went through the Terminator back catalogue. I really think they are all great. T2 is clearly the most outstanding one in my opinion, but there was nothing wrong with T3 and Salvation.

I'm very keen to see Mission Impossible; Rogue whatsit and also that new movie where the rich old guy has his mind "ported" into that of a young fellow, Selfless I think it's called.

willair likes this.
  3. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

We went to Mr Holmes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3168230/) last week. I was hoping for really good things but came away feeling a little disappointed. Still a decent movie, but not fantastic.

4. No Probs

No Probs Well-Known Member

Minions 2 - best movie ever.

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I watched The Drop a couple of weeks ago, wasn't expecting much but it was pretty good.
    Now I've talked it up it might not live up to the hype for you.

6. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Hodor, Hodor, HODOR!

Bran likes this.
  7. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

T5 was just a mash up of the best parts of the series. It was comedic and just as disappointing as T3..

T2 is by far the best in the series, being a blockbuster action film but by no means meant to be comical or light hearted.

Tony Fleming and Azazel like this.
  8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a classic. Rare for a sequel to be better than the original too.

9. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Loved it

10. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it mate! Some of the action sequences were awesome! I generally rate movies on how entertaining they were, and I found it very entertaining.

11. radson

radson Well-Known Member

12. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Watched "In Bruges" last night on Netflix for the first time. I enjoyed it - it's been around for a while.

Cheers

Jamie

inertia likes this.
  13. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

WattleIdo and Sashatheman like this.
  14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Although I had heard most of it before (the 'xenu' nonsense) it was a pretty good film.
    Would be interesting to hear scientologists explain Elron's 'decorated' military career, and the whole ripping off Jack Parsons saga.

15. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

Yep, that Scientology doco was very revealing. It is amazing how much property the Church of Scientology owns.

16. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

I have recently trying to catch up with seeing some of the recent films in the last two year.
    Here are my favorite films so far from 2014:
    Interstellar - probably one of my favourite movies of ALL time. Absolutely love the work that Hanz Zimmer did with the movie soundtrack. I had shivers listening to it.
    The Imitation Game: First time I really had an opportunity to see the acting talent of Benedict Cumberbatch in the role of Alan Turing, the famous mathematician in WW2. If nothing else, his role in the movie did it for me.
    Nightcrawler: Wasn't sure what I was getting into when seeing this film, but really enjoyed the performance of Jake Gyllenhaal playing a mildly psychopathic but ambitious nightcrawler, which is a nickname for the people who get to crime scenes to get the best footage and then sell it to News networks.
    The Grand Budapest Hotel: Another gem from the director Wil Anderson. Andersons work is not for everyone, but everyone can admit that his style is unique in the field. This is the movie that won-out Interstellar for the best movie sound track, I disagree with the result, but what ever.

Here are some of my favourites from 2013:
    Prisoners: About a kidnapping of two little girls, and one fathers attempt to take the action of finding them into his own hands. Fantastic acting from Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano
    Dallas Buyers Club: Probably heard of this movie from the pirating hubbub. But I think Matthew McConaughey acting was outstanding in this one, playing a HIV positive man. Putting the viewer into that era when homosexuality was much more taboo, and the first outbreak of HIV causing fear and heartache for many people. Enteresting stuff.
    The Wolf of Wall Street: Do not recommend watching on the train, due to all the nudity, but I did enjoyed all the debauchery and highs and lows of Decaprio and Hill.and the excesses of the Wall Street.
    The Great Gatsby: Great remake of the original movie. The CGI sets were spectacular. I was forced to read the book in high school and the original movie seemed dull, but this version was well paces and really well made all around.

17. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

Inside Out by PIXAR - might be a kids movie, but I think there were more adults than kids in the cinema when I went to see it! Very clever movie which depicts the emotions of an 11 year old girl as individual characters inside a command centre.

Also watched Jurassic World, but it was a terribly disappointing ending.

18. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That was one of the funniest movies of the year.
    Link to imdb, nice one!

19. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

I've watched both of these too and concur.

I've also seen Ant Man and, while I'm not normally a fan of super hero type movies due to their inconsistent abuse of physics, this one was actually entertaining and funny.

20. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Also went along to see Ant-Man,it's a standout in originality plus you can see Stan-Lee in a very quick cameo appearance in the movie,next one next "The Last Taxi to Darwin,looking forward to the line up of Australian Actors in that movie..