Anyone purchased their dream home

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 11th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Yeah - SIL has a similar monster house (more like a hotel) - needs to 2 x cleaners weekly, and there's only 3 of them living there.

What I found was that relos and extended family just use it was their party place (like us?? :D - we are interstate though) ~ so to me it looked like they just built a big house for others to enjoy :confused:

The Y-man

2. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Very true...used and abused as a party house haha. He said most of the time whilst they are out to a family gathering or something it has to be done at his place.

It's very weird though, his old 50 square place had this very emptiness feel to it....the rooms upstairs are huge, almost all of them could pass as master room sizes in most other homes, they were all above 4mx4m. I stayed over once in a guest room upstairs, it just didn't give out that coziness vibe.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

When dwellings are just too big, most of the time they'll feel like a house, not a home.

I've lived in some very humble, charming places as well as monster homes. Usually felt happier in the smaller place.

Kriv likes this.
  4. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

The "Dream Home" is very subjective.

Let's face it, some love living in units, while some see them as dog boxes. Others prefer large homes with gold tapware and pink chandeliers; many want larger land area for gardens, trees, pool area, animals.
    Whichever way you look at it, it is a material possession. The dream exists outside the four walls, not within it.....

craigc, Observer, kierank and 2 others like this.
  5. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I know some people like that. Not necessarily huge houses, but they want always people there.
    It's like they hate being alone. No matter how long you stay, they say "why leave so soon" lol.

6. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

Living in my dream home. Small acreage with the rustic, quirky house with unique features, only 45 min. from the city. The house is way too big for us, but i love it!

samiam, MTR and Sackie like this.
  7. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

wonder why @Gockie hasnt been on this thread ;)

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Oh yeah. I love my house too! But half the forum would know that already :D

samiam likes this.