Anyone need a tenant in Hornsby area?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Kirsti327, 3rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kirsti327

Kirsti327 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Really not sure if it's appropriate to post this here, but I'm sure you'll tell me off if you don't like it :p

I've gotten a new job in Sydney, and my partner and I will soon need to move from Newcastle to somewhere a bit closer. He still works in Gosford so we've picked Hornsby/Asquith/Waitara as being the exact halfway point so we'll both have the same commute.
    Looking for a 3 bedroom, or 2 bed plus study, that will accept two 30 year old professionals and two cats.

The catch (and the reason I'm posting here to explain myself) is that we don't have references. We both lived at home with our parents until we bought our first homes so have never rented.

But we are property owners (5 properties between us) and know how to take care of a place.

If anyone has a vacancy and wants to discuss, PM me :)

Kirsty

2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new job Kristy,!
    Could I suggest you also say what term of lease?
    Are you smokers?
    How much rent you are prepared to pay?
    I hope this helps
    Cheers

3. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

As a working couple it would be relatively easy to find a rental but having pets complicates matters! Pet references would generally be necessary.

4. Kirsti327

Kirsti327 Well-Known Member

Thanks Seaford! I normally just let my PM worry about those things so I didn't think about them, lol.

Non-smokers
    I'm an Accountant and Andrew is a Neurophysiologist. Need the extra bedrooms so we can each have a study because I'm studying my Masters and Andrew records videos for his youtube channel.
    Ideally we'd like to spend less than $600 a week (we can afford more but who doesn't love saving money?) but we haven't been to look at anything yet so maybe that's unrealistic. We're going to a few opens tomorrow to get an idea of value.
    Not incredibly fussy about lease term. 6 or 12 months would both be fine. If we like the area we might start looking to buy our own place when the market dips a bit, but will take at least a year to decide on that.
    Unfortunately the pets are not negotiable for me, so we'll just have to start talking to agents and try our luck. Happy to pay a higher pet bond if necessary.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

For that budget you could go house.... pets welcome. :)