Anyone know how the solar rebates work?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Propagate, 7th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

We're looking to put rooftop PV on the house soon, already put it on the office.

Does anyone know how the rebate income cap works?

From my understanding, (may have changed now, not sure), but the rebate was available to household incomes under $180k (VIC), how and when is this assessed?

We would not have qualified this financial year, but as my partner has been made redundant we may qualify after June 30, so say we install a system in August with just my income but then in September partner gets a job and by the end of 2020 we're over the threshold, how does that work? Do you have to pay the rebate back?

EN710 likes this.
  2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

I'll tell you how solar rebates work if you tell me the best mobile phone plan I can be on.:p

OK that was a lie. I can't tell you how solar rebates work.....but I can give your details to the lovey telemarketers from overseas that ring me every week. They seem to know :)

luckyone and Scott No Mates like this.
  3. Propagate

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Don’t purchase the system until you get approval from solar.vic - there will be a form when the new scheme opens.

Don’t believe any solar providers who suggest buying the system first and getting approval later.

You can register your interest on the Victorian site now, but It looks like the eligibility application forms aren’t available yet.
    EOI for Solar PV rebate

EN710 and Propagate like this.
  5. Propagate

Thanks for the link @Joynz - I've just registered.

6. Propagate

...I think I've found the answer, looks like it's based on the previous years income.

"has a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum (based on the 2016/17 or 2017/18 tax assessment notices for the home owners or alternative proof of income for the 2016-17 or 2017-18 financial year."

This is form the current Solar.VIC FAQ so maybe when the applications open again in July it's also include 2018/2019 taxable income.

CHeers.

7. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member