Anyone invest in wine/Grange?

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Truly Exotic, 25th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

Where do you get the Berri Estate?

Uncle Dan's?

2. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the odd Rutherglen Muscat with the cheese course, or Graham's 10 year old. I've come to prefer the drier finish of Port over most Oz Tawny.

RS Gumby likes this.
  3. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Only had the Shiraz-Malbec. Good stuff....but there is so much good stuff ! Was in Europe recently and drank a lot of wine that I wouldnt bother with in Oz as the value is just so poor. Found Chardonnay heaven with 1er Cru's of Montrachet....and even some cracking Napa Cabs that you just wouldnt buy / can't get in Oz, 2013 O'Shaughnessey was pure nectar ($150), preferred it over the Opus One ($800)....Napa makes incredible Cabernet though...beats Oz but not for value.

4. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Yeah I've got a few a of the SM last year, didn't get any straight Shiraz last year - from what I've read was lucky to get 6 given 2nd year on the list.
    Just got back from travels US > Mexico > Cayman Island > Jamaica. Think I had 2 glasses in 3 weeks - couldn't bring myself to pay the price knowing what I've got at home.

5. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Was down in the McLaren Vale this weekend - wedding planning...
    Happen to be right time of year to stop by Noon Winery - HOME
    Cellar door only opens up for 3 weekends, with max purchase of 3 bottles
    I got there on Sunday afternoon (the 2nd day) max purchase per person was down to 1 bottle max :(
    Cellar door staff said they had over an hour line up out the door and down into the vines on the Saturday (1st day)
    Shiraz price at the door $29, only purchased through cellar door (or if you're on the mail list - full w/ waiting list)
    Or if you look at the secondary market - 2017 selling for $95 per bottle Noon Winery Reserve Shiraz 2016 | Melbourne Wine House | Buy Online

6. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

not whisky, but i got 4 bottle of sullivan cove french oak, which is selling 2x rrp straight out the door.. not sure to drink or sell,

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia