Anyone heard of this builder before in Victoria?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by kimba88, 29th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kimba88

kimba88 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm trying to do some DD and was wondering whether anyone has heard of H & L Victoria and Escape Homes? I'm trying to build on a small lot and have a floor plan i like, but i just can't seem to find too much information about the builder. Does anyone know a website i could look things up? Or has anyone had any experience with either of these 2 companies?
    hlvictoria
    New Home Builder - Escape Homes
    Any information is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yep. I've been doing Finance with builders and sales reps for about the last 10 years or so. The last couple of years the sales reps I've been working with www.mycompletepackage.com.au have been using escape homes. No complaints. Good value small builder. Feel free to pm me if you want any more info.

Perthguy and kimba88 like this.
  3. Eastcoasta

Eastcoasta New Member

Did you
    Hi, did you go through with your build with these company's? How was your experience?

4. kimba88

Hi, Yes I have. I've had no problems so far and both companies have been quite responsive. The build is still happening, but it is happening very quickly. So I'm pretty happy. Let's just hope the quality is great. :)

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Hi There,
    Is this the same builder you talking about? - hlvictoria
    I am also wondering as I only get basic info on the website with no review.
    Thanks

6. tobe

I think the issue here is that escape homes is a builder.

They use marketing agents to sell their home. I don't think you can approach them directly and contract to build, they will refer you to one of their agents.
    That's different from many builders who do the marketing and advertising themselves.

h&l Victoria Coyle be a marketing agent, rather than a builder themselves.

7. kimba88

Yep, it is.. but they aren't the builder.. Escape Homes are. H&L are, like Tobe said, the marketers. Either way, I've had quite a good experience so far.

Correct. Although, i am unsure on whether Escape Homes can be approached for a build.. I never tried.

tobe likes this.
  8. tobe

I could find out for you but I'm pretty certain they would refer you to their agents. The agents I work with (my complete package) have been doing it a long time. They know how to site a house, how to deal with developer covenants etc and maximise value for money.
    For escape homes it means they don't have to spend any money upfront on marketing, or sales, they don't need to have customer relationship managers etc.

kimba88 likes this.
  9. kimba88

H&L are exactly the same.. i think my complete package and H&L are in direct competition with each other.

tobe likes this.