Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Anyone heard of ParkTrent Properties

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by ross100, 29th Jul, 2015.

1. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

They're still plopping around, got a cold call from them on Thursday night...

They called and said along the lines of I had been selected to receive an invitation to an upcoming free event on property investing. She rattled off every potential reason someone would attend basically they will cover

• Taking the risk out of investment properties

• Finding the right investment property everytime

• Why the ideal property may not be in your own area

• Saving tax

• Covering yourself again interest rate increases

• Retiring with more money

• Building an income through property

• Building wealth with property

• Ways to plan for your kids to have a better future

• Said it’s a 1 hour session in Ringwood on a Wednesday night with 15 minutes of questions at the end. Once I said I was interested she then asked the following

• Do I own a home/have a mortgage or rent
    • Do I have full time employment
    One I said yes to that she confirmed my address where to send the tickets and asked if I had any friends that would be interested.

Followed by I need to read you a 30 second message about our privacy and consumer protection policy because I had shared person info with them, my address.

Followed by the final step was to speak to the Quality assurance officer to confirm that I am infact interested and they aren’t wasting the tickets.

2. Paul@PFI

Paul@PFI Tax Accounting + SMSF Business Member

I had someone call me about a timeshare using same technique.
    And a lovely Indian lady who found the virus on my PC. and
    another who assisted with my insurance claim for the car accident I didnt remember.

I didnt get a privacy statement. Im now concerned about my info.

3. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member

http://www.asic.gov.au/about-asic/m...ector-and-ceo-of-park-trent-properties-group/

4. DaveM

DaveM Adelaide Buyers Agent & KFC Strategist Business Member

About time.

I have a FP I refer clients to for specific advice on these sort of matters.

5. Pmcb

Pmcb New Member

Do not I repeat do not ever go down any path with parktrent. They rip you off, lie and sell you properties in areas where you can't even make your money back. You get stuck with mortgages even when you try and sell up to 10 years later. You can't resell. It is so frustrating and ridiculous look up park Trent complaint on Facebook as well. Although I know from experience they delete a lot of the comments and then block people. Wish I'd done my research. I have since spoken to so many people through Facebook on their experience with park Trent it is all the same. Don't go there.

6. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Even though the ASIC item above came out on July 28 2016, Cross was apparently still running seminars as recently as November 16, 2016 in western Sydney.

Getting Started in Property Investment with ParkTrent CEO Ron Cross

The previous night (November 15, 2016) Ron Cross presented (through a Vietnamese interpreter) at Springvale, Melbourne (see photos on their Facebook page) ParkTrent Properties Group | Facebook

These are just a few days after he lost an appeal to the NSW Supreme Court earlier this month. http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...l/news-story/afe7d35a902a220cc09dade994acead6

Although ASIC say they have banned him providing financial services, it does not appear to have stopped the presentations. Eg there'll be another 'Getting started in property investment' in Logan, Brisbane on November 30, 2016 Getting Started in Property Investment and back in Melbourne (Greensborough) on December 8 Getting Started in Property Investment with ParkTrent CEO Ron Cross

If you present through an interpreter are you technically still presenting?

2UE obviously don't do background checks on the people they bring in to host their shows. Although they can't afford to be too fussy if it's an advertiser. CEO Ron Cross Joins 2UE Though if Dr Wilson & Mr Webster were smart, they'd quit to avoid waking up with fleas.

Last edited: 24th Nov, 2016
  7. Paul@PFI

Paul@PFI Tax Accounting + SMSF Business Member

Best financial advice anyone could get is to NOT attend a spruiker seminar. For any reason.

I wish ASIC had powers to treat offences as crimes that are actually punishable. These scum seminars are intended to make only one party wealthy.

rookie101, DaveM and Mitchell like this.
  8. Terry_w

Terry_w Solicitor, Finance Broker, CTA Business Member

Property is not a financial product and therefore no financial licence is needed. So as long as they do not talk about setting setting up SMSFs to purchase property they should be right.

adrian_christian likes this.
  9. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Indeed, it was a permanent restraint from providing unlicensed product advice regarding SMSFs. Last count it was almost 900 clients he/they had knowingly contravened.

Merry Xmas to all.

10. rookie101

rookie101 Active Member

I worked fot the ato for 7 years.
    After gfc approximately 499000 SMSF were created. To date 495000 (approx) have now been closed. With the government picking up the bill in the form of pensions when people retire without a superfund. I have no doubt people can do very well with a well managed, adequately planned SMSF. But most investors using this strategy don't quite understand the costs and upkeep associated

11. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

I had some recruiting agency call me saying they had the Park Trent general manager there looking for a job. I was like no thanks

12. DaveM

DaveM Adelaide Buyers Agent & KFC Strategist Business Member

Did you ask if he had a SMSF?